Hacking Emulation I want to make Wii Party Funnier, How?

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, i want too make a version of Wii Party that changes the text to funnier stuff (kinda like Dii Party) but I have no fucking idea of how, Can someone find/make me a step by step guide on how to change the text?

(I also want to be able to run Wii Party with the mod on USB Loader GX and I want to specifically to change the text of Wii Party NTSC on Spanish)

Last edited by lucasfergui,

eksusudu

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
hello, some of the game text sprites, but some are in mess.bin, and mess.bin can be edited with HEX editor (at least I have not found a utility that would be convenient to edit the text).

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
some of the game text sprites
I know this is not reddit but r/Engrish also how can I extract the contents of the iso and then re-make the iso to boot it with USB Loader GX?
Post automatically merged:

hello, some of the game text sprites, but some are in mess.bin, and mess.bin can be edited with HEX editor (at least I have not found a utility that would be convenient to edit the text).
H

Last edited by lucasfergui,

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have the original, then it's simplest/easiest to download another.
Try WiiBaFu or Wii Backup Manager. They convert to wbfs.
Many tutorials here at GBA. I know reading is pain in the ass, but knowledge/understanding is paramount.

Hope this helps :
https://wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

WiiBaFu is only useful if you have an iso rip already. It won't rip an original Wii dvd.

Last edited by morning_glory,

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you have the original, then it's simplest/easiest to download another.
Try WiiBaFu or Wii Backup Manager. They convert to wbfs.
Many tutorials here at GBA. I know reading is pain in the ass, but knowledge/understanding is paramount.

Hope this helps :
https://wiibackupmanager.co.uk/

WiiBaFu is only useful if you have an iso rip already. It won't rip an original Wii dvd.
The problem isnt that idk where to get the wbfs, the problem is that idk how to extract and modify the contents of aforementioned wbfs file

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Am I correct in assuming you simply want to download your games ?
For the simplicity, I can understand, but I can't provide a download site here. It's based on the rules of GBA. But, if you have the originals .... There's hope for you ;)

You also seem reluctant to use the methods provided. They do work.
I can only provide info after you've ripped your originals to a backup ISO. That's done with WBM (WiiBackupManager). The rest has been explained. Feel free to PM me, but I do expect total honesty (I'm too old for you to fool me).
Easiest isn't always the bestest. Live & learn, the best motto :)

Your "Make it funnier" will need attention after you learnt how to start the whole process of ripping & converting. Please, take the time & educate yourself. Read & learn. It's not that hard ;)

lucasfergui

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Am I correct in assuming you simply want to download your games ?
For the simplicity, I can understand, but I can't provide a download site here. It's based on the rules of GBA. But, if you have the originals .... There's hope for you ;)

You also seem reluctant to use the methods provided. They do work.
I can only provide info after you've ripped your originals to a backup ISO. That's done with WBM (WiiBackupManager). The rest has been explained. Feel free to PM me, but I do expect total honesty (I'm too old for you to fool me).
Easiest isn't always the bestest. Live & learn, the best motto :)

Your "Make it funnier" will need attention after you learnt how to start the whole process of ripping & converting. Please, take the time & educate yourself. Read & learn. It's not that hard ;)
I already have the ISO

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1