Gaming I wanna JTAG my 360.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jtagging a 360 only lets me run homebrew, correct?

Would it be possible to flash my 360 with iExtreme or something if it is Jtagged?

Is there any possibility of me being banned when I play a legit game on a jtagged 360?

Thanks
smile.gif

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
yes you will get banned..it was in the news a couple of weeks ago..yeah u can flash with iextreme. use it as a non live box

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jtagging also lets you play games from HDD, USB or Xbox. You will get banned from Jtagging but if you have a box that can do it I would recommend it.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I adore my jtag'd 360. Have every single XBLA game running from a USB hard drive (The same usb hdd i use for wii games, how awesome is that?) ontop of tons of retail 360 games running off of USB. DLC also works fine.

In fact, i just purchased another exploitable 360 today to have as a backup. They are freakin hard to find tho.

Excellentnuke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the advice guys. I just have one more question. When looking up 10th prestige hacks online, all of them said that they were patched and a jtagged 360 was needed. Wouldn't it be kinda pointless to do this with a jtagged 360 since they will be banned from Live anyway?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a jtag xbox worked for some time on live, but some people though it was fun to cheat on xbox live, and so microsoft banned everyone with a jtag 360.

moosh01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes they can detect you. If you are looking to play free games on your box Jtagging is the way to go. But don't plan on staying on LIVE for very long any way you go.(LT is yet to be proven in the field, and you still need a Lite-On)

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to transfer saves from a JTAG XBOX to a normal one without getting the ban?

Can you simply use a memory card, or do you think it transfers the ban info too?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would be inclined to use the FTP and easy drive access afforded by a JTAG modded box and just swap hard drives- transferring the ban is not going to happen although the minor caveat of if later down the line you are hacking games/saves or worse sharing them widely then they may cast their eye your way (they already come down hard on such communities- we saw secdata.bin corrupted for everyone this time, the save sharing types had their 360s revoked as in every update (not necessarily kernel update) is hardcoded to say do not accept files from this 360: http://xorloser.com/?p=45).

LittleJonny -Tea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
J-Tag Console = Possible Ban

LT Firmware = Possible Ban

i-Xtreme Firmware = possible Ban

using any sort of hacked game save on an umodded Xbox 360 = possible Ban

using a console on live that was once modded in any way = possible Ban

As a rule of thumb, messing with anything on your console risks getting you banned.

If you play live, then buy a second console for live, or don't get a mod in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo