Hacking I need help

Gregora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it seems that my DSi XL gets security updates on its own. This hasn't been a problem until yesterday. I've never had huge issues with my R4i Gold and my roommate and I use it a ton. Well yesterday afternoon, it seems that the security update blocks my flashcart from working. And I've downloaded the newest firmware from the downloads section. And that didn't work very well.

The question is, is there another firmware that I can use that can get around the security?

I've tried wood and ysmenu and apparently, my flashcart doesn't like either of them (the R4i Gold has the r4ids.com web address for its homepage). I have tried every firmware I know that works (or worked). I know Wood doesn't work on my card and I've never tried ysmenu or the other one that starts with 'ak' that I can't remember.

Can anyone tell me of a firmware that can fix this problem of mine or how to fix it (hopefully without losing the DSi Ware that my roommate bought for the system)?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Gregora said:
Okay, it seems that my DSi XL gets security updates on its own. This hasn't been a problem until yesterday. I've never had huge issues with my R4i Gold and my roommate and I use it a ton. Well yesterday afternoon, it seems that the security update blocks my flashcart from working. And I've downloaded the newest firmware from the downloads section. And that didn't work very well.

The question is, is there another firmware that I can use that can get around the security?

I've tried wood and ysmenu and apparently, my flashcart doesn't like either of them (the R4i Gold has the r4ids.com web address for its homepage). I have tried every firmware I know that works (or worked). I know Wood doesn't work on my card and I've never tried ysmenu or the other one that starts with 'ak' that I can't remember.

Can anyone tell me of a firmware that can fix this problem of mine or how to fix it (hopefully without losing the DSi Ware that my roommate bought for the system)?

Hit it with a ball peen hammer.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't get updates on it's own.

Your roommate updated it and doesn't want to admit it.

The problem isn't the firmware, it's the actual booting portion of it, and for technical reasons a fix for that is unique to each cart type. If there's no 1.4.1 fix for your cart, you're fucked. Buy one that's got actual updates for it, like the Supercard DSTwo or Acekard 2i.

Gregora

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how would I know if my flashcart has a 1.4.1 fix? This is pretty much the first flashcart I ever bought. On the bright side, it works fine on my DS fat...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1