Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yo guys!
I'm using atmo since my switch was OFW 9.0.1
20230413_175020.JPG

I made it by following the: NH Github switch guide that by the time contains a guide with using mini partition tool wizard to create a hidden RAW partition for EmuMMC (its no longer here due to tegraexplorer and hekate features that allow to do so)

So i was using the same SD card for all theese years, and never make a clean atmo reinstall (jus adding theese upgrades through various ways) and maybe two updates ago my switch start to lag hard in the menu (everything work slow - options etc unless the game is loaded - loaded game works just fine) so i thought that maybe its time to do it fresh way, i backed up my user saves with NXNandManager and now the problem comes.

Switch OFW cant format my card:
20230413_175004.JPG

Here are screens from hekate about SD condition:
20230413_175227.JPG
20230413_180049.JPG

I get that guide mentioned before and start to make it. but hey, tegraexplorer wiped nothing, partitiononig in hekate dont work, (it works for them - the whole process looks legit but there are no results in reality) cant choose or create emummc ( the process is done, it takes about 15-20m show the info that its complete but cant choose it. i even tried desperately to do the file based emummc and here i get an instant error :/
20230413_180318.JPG
20230413_180113.JPG
20230413_180126.JPG
20230413_180153.JPG

So i thought that maybe i make the SD clean through PC, and guess what? mini partition tool delete partitions, format them in one, take some time, show the success info, and then in a second everything is back to normal (yes i click the apply button), same for Windows+X disc manager and cmd, just cant find a way to reformat it to a factory state
Bez tytułu.png
Bez tytułu 2.png
Bez tytułu 3.png
Bez tytułu 4.png

Now its impossible to start CFW. Files on SD partition that contains atmo are wiped and clean atmo is here but i cant do anything with that raw partiotion to make it start from a a scratch (like with new SD)
20230413_180554.JPG

NXNand Manager still sees my saves on the SD card so it wasnt formatted even after i tried :D

Bez tytułu 5.png

I got all the keys and backups from back then

Am i messed up that much or maybe my card is broken and its time to get a new one?

Thanks for help in advance, im usually good at digging and most of time i found solution myself but this time im done

MC_Goly420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes format the SD card, test the whole card, write and verify.
Sooo, when i delete files manually they disappear, but after plugging back my SD card they magically come back :o
I can't format it using the windows feature (System Windows cant format it) or any third party tool.
I started it with theese few files still in (just a fresh atmo) and it lloks like it will take some time
sd2.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo, when i delete files manually they disappear, but after plugging back my SD card they magically come back :o
I can't format it using the windows feature (System Windows cant format it) or any third party tool.
I started it with theese few files still in (just a fresh atmo) and it lloks like it will take some time
View attachment 364751

The expected space is 363000 ish, so something is off.

MC_Goly420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The expected space is 363000 ish, so something is off.
sd3.png

Yes it is, but as i mentioned before: i cant format back that hidden emuMMC partition, i can't format that SD card with any way i tried (system format, switch OFW format, TegraXplorer, Hekate, mini partition tool wizard, disc manager on windows, cmd, and few other 3 party programs like easeUS partition master) doing this partition through mini tool partition wizard was necessary few years ago to make an EmuMMC, and now i cant get rid off it. is there any way to make that SD card back to stock? with only one partition?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 364752
Yes it is, but as i mentioned before: i cant format back that hidden emuMMC partition, i can't format that SD card with any way i tried (system format, switch OFW format, TegraXplorer, Hekate, mini partition tool wizard, disc manager on windows, cmd, and few other 3 party programs like easeUS partition master) doing this partition through mini tool partition wizard was necessary few years ago to make an EmuMMC, and now i cant get rid off it. is there any way to make that SD card back to stock? with only one partition?

That 29GB is an emunand, you can try an updated Atmosphere/hekate see if it boot.

MC_Goly420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That 29GB is an emunand, you can try an updated Atmosphere/hekate see if it boot.
Bro, have you read the whole post? i cant boot into emummc, overwrite it with new one, or even create the file based emummc. I wish to reformat the whole SD or just to make atmo running again.
I put fresh atmo/hekate so many times yesterday and still got nothing, i made EmuMMC via hekate like 5 times with no results, and there is no option to choose it via hekate - SD RAW Partitions are all blank/grayed to me

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bro, have you read the whole post? i cant boot into emummc, overwrite it with new one, or even create the file based emummc. I wish to reformat the whole SD or just to make atmo running again.
I put fresh atmo/hekate so many times yesterday and still got nothing, i made EmuMMC via hekate like 5 times with no results, and there is no option to choose it via hekate - SD RAW Partitions are all blank/grayed to me

What you made files base or hidden partition?

MC_Goly420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What you made files base or hidden partition?
all the time i had a partition based emuMMC, now i wanted to start fresh and make it via hekate with no results (the process started, said it s completed, but i cant choose it in emuMMC tab - screens in Post) so i tried multiple ways to get it back running again (all in the post) when i try to make it file based i get instant error (pic above) and now i cant make it work again or even format my SD card

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try the fix archive bit, inside tools.

010041544d530000 points to SD card format, SciresM suggested in one post on Atmosphere github to reformat.

MC_Goly420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can try the fix archive bit, inside tools.

010041544d530000 points to SD card format, SciresM suggested in one post on Atmosphere github to reformat.
Done
20230413_224341.JPG

i looked up upon all of them.
The main problem is that i cant reformat my SD card back to normal
looks like i need to buy a new one then :/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done
View attachment 364789
i looked up upon all of them.
The main problem is that i cant reformat my SD card back to normal
looks like i need to buy a new one then :/

Probably so, if the SD won't let you boot CFW after multiple reformat, and emunand setup.
Post automatically merged:

What cluster did you set it to? You would want to use 32kb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1