Hacking I just want to be able to play Mario Sunshine while on the toilet.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this thing have any potential for GCN emulation at all? What about this remote play thing? Can I buy a PS3 and emulate gamecube on that and then play through remote play? Is there a way I can just remote play my damn Wii/Gamecube?

Just wanted to get an idea of what's going on here.

omg... lol thats so godly.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
N64 = 93.75MHz NEC R4300i MIPS CPU 64-bit CPU
Gamecube = 486MHz Power PC IBM CPU 1.9GFLOPs (one billion floating-point operations per second) - 32-bit CPUI
PSP = typically @ 222MHz MIPS R4000 32-bit CPU
PS2 = MIPS Emotion Engine 64-bit CPU 294.912MHz

I'm pretty sure the Gamecube had the more powerful CPU, therefore, makes it a very difficult console to emulate.

Not just MHZ. power doesnt just lay in a single spec.
a 500mhz with better extentions will perform better then a 1GHz cpu with none.
64 bit runs better then 32bit (by about 30% so a 700mhz 64bit is the same roughtly as a 1ghz 64bit cpu running native code.
The exact implementation over CISC and RISC is a huge deal too.

And the gamecube was one of the easiest to emulate, not the hardest.
And can emulate better on slower hardware.
Run the two emulators on the same PC and see for yourself.
Less work on a gamecube clock cycle vs a ps2 for example. lots less.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Heh... The best you can do at this point is run Dolphin on a PC and use VNC on whatever mobile device you'd like - that should work. It won't give you a lot of FPS, but it'll work.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could play Shenmue II on the toilet, but that is still kinda impossible for now.
...Well Not exactly. If you have an android tablet or high spec phone there is work being done on a DC emulator and it looks very very promising

This is from Psyman a well know developer.

Also i bet you met the Xbox port of Shenmue 2 but the dc one is alot mor promising on the toilet.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well Not exactly. If you have an android tablet or high spec phone there is work being done on a DC emulator and it looks very very promising

This is from Psyman a well know developer.

Also i bet you met the Xbox port of Shenmue 2 but the dc one is alot mor promising on the toilet.

Where can I download the emulator, and where do we put the games in the sd card.

kingcolex

Joe "Coop" Cooper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I download the emulator, and where do we put the games in the sd card.
Currently you can't, you can get a leaked old alpha that runs bios and some games really slowly. But this one is still in Beta by the Developer and he hasn't released it, good news is its 100% real and being updated and worked on alot. Should be out soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ +1