I have finished setting up godmode 9 and my sd card is now write locked.

plshelp21232

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, after installing godmode9 I went to install some games and noticed the sd card was write locked after the download of godmode9, how do I fix this so that I can edit files. I have already checked the SD card and no the lock is not on, I cant find anywhere that unlocks in godmode9.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Godemode9 is not able to write protect the card. If its a old 3DS the pin in the SDCard slot for disable writeprotection might been bent (one single Pin on the farfar edge). Else the card has maybe a error, use Windows and run check for repair on it.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

plshelp21232

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Godemode9 is not able to write protect the card. If its a old 3DS the pin in the SDCard slot for disable writeprotection might been bent (one single Pin on the farfar edge). Else the card has maybe a error, use Windows and run check for repair on it.

but it only enabled write protection of the installtion of godmode9

plshelp21232

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you referring to the pc saying its locked protected?

Or are you referring to the 3ds screen saying the command is locked. please enter the command to unlock writing permissio
like I cant edit the sd card at all on my pc, as it is locked from the write perms on godmode9

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Or are you talking of the writeprotection of CTR-Nand when luma is written to that by gm9 and a button combo needs to be entered?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
like I cant edit the sd card at all on my pc, as it is locked from the write perms on godmode9
GodMode9 cannot write protect an SD. This is not a software thing. Most likely a coincidence.

Yes, full-sized SDs have this write protection switch movable piece of plastic, which is supposed to interact with a switch inside the SD reader/writer to lock or unlock writing. So much for the theory… in practice this write protection often causes trouble (either because the plastic piece moves too easily against your will, or because the switch inside the SD reader fails).

The other SD write protection – which can also be the case on micro-SD – is the SD spontaneously going read-only forever. It is a kind of death cry: This means the card is convinced that it is failing and wants to tell you: "Backup your data and replace me as soon as possible!"

Process of Elimination:
  • Try your SD in other readers
  • Try another full-sized SD in your reader
This way you will find out what is the problem.

Good luck!

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, try with another sd card adapter (if you're using a micro-sd card), and/ or check the sd card with h2testw for errors. if it went to read-only mode, it can't write to the sd card let alone complete the test..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: