Hardware I got an N2DSXL

Gamelogic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you mean N2DS XL? No matter what you meant, the answer is no.

No I mean the n3DS XL. For example, I've seen claims that a high number of Hyrule Ed., Poke 20th, and now some claiming that a bulk in the UK (lol...) have dual IPS, so I was thinking along those lines in my request. I guess in the end I'll buy and cross fingers.

Last edited by Gamelogic,
Reactions: Quantumcat

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I wonder why they would need to change the circle pad applet? Surely that would be the same across all models?
I was kinda lazy with my description. It's called the Circle Pad Pro test/calibration applet (extrapad).
Still don't know what needed changing either.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Released today in Australia/New Zealand
Whaaaat?!? Where's the love for the states, Nintendo? (Probably not getting it unless Pokémon Ultra Sun and/or Ever Oasis are N3DS exclusive though.)

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I decided a hardmod wasn't worth the trouble and just got my brother to buy Sudoku on my old 3DS so I could use Sudohax. Works like a charm (after having to retry a bunch of times; thanks for error 014-0062, Nintendo - why is this so damn common during system transfers?)

I should warn people: I've already noticed the circle pad on the New 2DS XL marks the top screen just like the original 3DS, though thankfully, I don't think the touchscreen bezel scratches it like the original model does. Hopefully the circled doesn't actually scratch it over time like the old 3DS, but I wouldn't be so sure. It's also, one again, a huge, shiny fingerprint magnet, which is a real shame.

Thanks. Man, did they have to make the sd slot hug the ceiling of the section? I hope that will not cause any trouble.
It's definitely a bit cumbersome, but ultimately, it's far better than the stupid ideas they had for the New 3DS (XL), so at least it's an improvement over that.

Whaaaat?!? Where's the love for the states, Nintendo? (Probably not getting it unless Pokémon Ultra Sun and/or Ever Oasis are N3DS exclusive though.)
Screw you guys, you get everything else. At least let us have this one shitty victory. I still want my exclusive Yo-kai Watch medals, dammit. We never got them over here...

whoa wait, this is hackable B9S?
Using the DSiWare boot injection (w/system transfer) method or a hardmod, yes. No hardmod has been detailed yet but it should be completely possible. I was going to open up my brother's and have a look, but I probably shouldn't since it's not mine to tinker with.

Reactions: goldensun87

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided a hardmod wasn't worth the trouble and just got my brother to buy Sudoku on my old 3DS so I could use Sudohax. Works like a charm (after having to retry a bunch of times; thanks for error 014-0062, Nintendo - why is this so damn common during system transfers?)

I should warn people: I've already noticed the circle pad on the New 2DS XL marks the top screen just like the original 3DS, though thankfully, I don't think the touchscreen bezel scratches it like the original model does. Hopefully the circled doesn't actually scratch it over time like the old 3DS, but I wouldn't be so sure. It's also, one again, a huge, shiny fingerprint magnet, which is a real shame.

It's definitely a bit cumbersome, but ultimately, it's far better than the stupid ideas they had for the New 3DS (XL), so at least it's an improvement over that.

Screw you guys, you get everything else. At least let us have this one shitty victory. I still want my exclusive Yo-kai Watch medals, dammit. We never got them over here...

Using the DSiWare boot injection (w/system transfer) method or a hardmod, yes. No hardmod has been detailed yet but it should be completely possible. I was going to open up my brother's and have a look, but I probably shouldn't since it's not mine to tinker with.
Put screen protectors on it. I do that to all my systems. Either that or live with scratches on the bottom screen and marks on top screen.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Plailect updated the guide for N2DSXL. The diagram looks nice now. Balanced :P
IMG_2564.PNG

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow. Hadn't seen this post, @Quantumcat.

It seems a bit silly Nintendo didn't fix the bootrom for this console, but good to know it'll be able to have homebrew from the start.

Thanks for the info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way. Could you share how did you get it? Early from a retailer?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
OP
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow. Hadn't seen this post, @Quantumcat.

It seems a bit silly Nintendo didn't fix the bootrom for this console, but good to know it'll be able to have homebrew from the start.

Thanks for the info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way. Could you share how did you get it? Early from a retailer?
It was released yesterday where I live (New Zealand also).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazons-cloud-unit-pauses-orders-134219461.html?guccounter=1 mmm