OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there. i found a way to convert project 64 eep save file to Wii64 eep save file. i convert them myself with Hex Workshop. DO NOT BYTE FLIP, it dont work.

i can explain it but it a little difficult. Later, i will explain how i do it, but my english is not great, so it wont be easy to explain.

all the files i converted work. i can upload them.

i upload a Mario Party1 eep save file for Wii64 ( Mario party 1 save 100% complete )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF760BZA

if you insist i can convert you a few files. but be patient im not always on the net. upload your project 64 file and i will convert it to work with wii64 when i have time.

i hope i make someone happy with this file. i will upload others games later too.

note: i have all these eep save file games 100% game complete : Marioparty 2 and 3, mariokart, goldeneye, diddykongracing,mario64... i can upload them if someone want it.

note 2: i suceed to convert .sra save file too. i have a 100% complete zelda ocarina .sra save for wii64
note 3: i suceed to convert .fla save file too. ( zelda majora mask)

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ok i made all the files i want for now.

I uploaded all of them in one zipped file !

List of games included ( ALL TESTED WITH WII64) ( All games 100% complete)
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA(U).sra
Diddy Kong Racing(U).eep
GOLDENEYE(U).eep
MARIOKART64(U).eep
MarioParty2(U).eep
MarioParty3(U).eep
MarioParty(U).eep
Perfect Dark(U).eep ----- ( Perfect Dark is untested )
SUPER MARIO 64(U).eep

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YV77QWR0

NOTE: DO NOT rename the file , they have their GOOD NAME for WII64. name are different between project64 and wii64

Note2: you can say thanks in the topic if you download it, i just want to know how many people are interested in this ! I hope it can make people happy
yaywii.gif

bceagles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: You'd be amazing if you could convert this "http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?p=374415&postcount=128" project 64 save file to Wii64.

It's the first Majora's Mask save file that I found at the EXACT place that I need it!

renejr902

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i did it for you. i hope you're happy. i didnt test it, but it should work. test it and please tell me if its work, thanks for answer.

its the first time i convert a fla file. but i think the file wii work. dont rename it. just put it in wii64/saves

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AG6TS7FR

note: bceagles said me that the majora mask file is working. so i can convert any format to wii64

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I had to figure this out awhile back, except I was going Project64->VC which required extra steps (byte swapping, padding, then un/repacking data.bin with FE100). This was when I had given up on Majora's Mask ever being released on VC and started playing it in Project64, then it finally came out and I bought it, only to face the loss of all of my progress (I was halfway through the Zora dungeon...). Needless to say I was ecstatic when it actually worked
biggrin.gif
I'm still actually quite surprised it actually did work considering back then I didn't even know what byte-swapping WAS
tongue.gif

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

picano

Trophies
Website
soifall.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm interested in what needs to be done... doesn't need to be too in depth, I have experience with hex editing.

(Also, thanks for the saves --- Mario Party marathon with girlfriend this week)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
picano said:
Well I'm interested in what needs to be done... doesn't need to be too in depth, I have experience with hex editing.

(Also, thanks for the saves --- Mario Party marathon with girlfriend this week)

All you have to do is endian swap the save file. That's it. If you want to make the save work for VC you may also have to pad the Wii64-compatible save with a specific value. The easiest way to figure out what that value is and what size to pad it to is to create a VC save and see if it has a bunch of repeating bytes (besides 00) at the end.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall only needing to byteflip and add/remove padding when converting to Project64 to/from VC.

I think I did it for Wii64 too, but only needed byteflipping, I forget though.

But yeah, most of it is simple hex editor work. It's a lot easier than people make it out to be.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
I recall only needing to byteflip and add/remove padding when converting to Project64 to/from VC.

I think I did it for Wii64 too, but only needed byteflipping, I forget though.

But yeah, most of it is simple hex editor work. It's a lot easier than people make it out to be.

Heh, it was your thread here that helped me figure it out for the first time. At the time I had no idea what endianness or byteflipping was, so that took me awhile, but yeah, really easy once you do it once or twice
tongue.gif

It makes sense it shouldn't be that much work, I mean, it's not like they edited the games to use a different save format entirely for the VC. They're still emulating the original game, which means the game expects the exact same save file regardless of what system is emulating it (unless that emulator happens to fail in an epic fashion).

talhadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hi there renejr902.iam really very grateful to you for what you have done.can you please convert my banjo kazooie save to wii64 save plz.hurry plz.iam in a rush.........................................file:///C:/Program%20Files/Project64%201.6/Save/...........here is the link

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
hurry plz.iam in a rush.........................................file:///C:/Program%20Files/Project64%201.6/Save/...........here is the link

No problem, here is your converted file

file:///C:/My%20Documents/For%20Talhadx/Save/

mellow.gif

talhadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
ok here is the file.took me a while but i hve done it.plz convert it.thanks..............................http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RYK1T5SR
anyone there.plz convert it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: