ruffo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello
I'm not familiar with PSP modding so I'm looking for some directions.

Sadly, it comes without battery. In the meantime I ordered a cheap non-EEPROM but I'm already looking for an original one.

Also no memory card. I decided to buy it because they're very rare to find (here in Berlin at least l), you only come across fat models and never like this early 2000 mobo.

It has already installed 5.50 gen d3.
I can't still figure out if I can upgrade from here and what would I could need (battery, memory card if mandatory)

The screen started to flicker after a couple of hours and now it's always like this. I tried the plug & unplug of its ribbon cables trick but still. I checked the clock speed (default) with power+R power up combo, but no improvements. Wondering if it's physical or software.

If anyone can point me out some of the do's and don'ts from where I am would be amazing, it feels there's a lot of information to take in consideration and I wouldn't like to mess up, which seems very easy ☠️

Thanks in advance 👽🖤

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The screen started to flicker after a couple of hours and now it's always like this.
If it is as you say, it sounds like a hardware problem.
Anyway it is not clear whether you purchased only the motherboard (as it seems from the thread title) or the whole console, as I surmise.
If you bought it used and without a battery, the console probably already had this defect and the seller, believing he was being clever, did not include the battery perhaps saying he hadn't used it in a long time and didn't know its real condition: they often use these devious and dishonest stratagems on eBay. Before buying, it is a good idea to read the description well and in any case explicitly and clearly ask the seller about the true condition of the item.
Regarding a solution, I haven't the foggiest idea, but in the meantime I bumped your thread. 😉

ruffo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
If it is as you say, it sounds like a hardware problem.
Anyway it is not clear whether you purchased only the motherboard (as it seems from the thread title) or the whole console, as I surmise.
If you bought it used and without a battery, the console probably already had this defect and the seller, believing he was being clever, did not include the battery perhaps saying he hadn't used it in a long time and didn't know its real condition: they often use these devious and dishonest stratagems on eBay. Before buying, it is a good idea to read the description well and in any case explicitly and clearly ask the seller about the true condition of the item.
Regarding a solution, I haven't the foggiest idea, but in the meantime I bumped your thread. 😉
Hey, so I found it on a second hand market. The woman had little idea about the device.
It is a whole console but no battery and memory card, so anything regarding its condition and hardware type and problems, I have figured it out myself: all its cables and manuals even, flickery screen after a while of testing and no battery.
I bought it for 40 euros, I could not let it pass so easy

Is there a way to determine the motherboard's health? I'd like to figure out if it's worth to buy a screen replacement.

Still a mystery for me if I can upgrade and benefit from the latest hack available for this golden model. I don't know what are my software limits (I'm not sure if I can escape de 5.50 Gen D3 jail).

• Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to determine the motherboard's health? I'd like to figure out if it's worth to buy a screen replacement.
Well, as far as I can tell, it is not certain that the defect depends on the screen. I hope someone can give you some advice and guidance: as for me, I don't know anything about this at all.
Still a mystery for me if I can upgrade and benefit from the latest hack available
You can verify this later, when and if you can fix the hardware issue.

...for this golden model.
Excuse my ignorance, but what is so special and memorable about this model?

aferdhian

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Basically, it's the only 200X model that allows you to install cfw permanently
AFAIK, the only psp 200x model that you cant cfw permanently is the one with 88v3 board. other than that youre in the clear, so i dont think its that special?

ruffo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
AFAIK, the only psp 200x model that you cant cfw permanently is the one with 88v3 board. other than that youre in the clear, so i dont think its that special?
Dunno certainly, but it seemed to me it wasn't just whatever console. Now I know you don't even really need an original battery for Pandora shenanigans.

Soon I'm getting a new screen and battery and I found a Discord where somebody kindly guided me and shared a guide step by step with all I need to know. I will share once I get it done. It's a lot to do SW and HW wise so could be worth sharing. Besides this forum seems so death, it's imploring for entries

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol