Hacking I finally got a Gateway! Im sorry, but can someone show me a good start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herobroski

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my gateway in the mail, and I already have a 4.5 firmware 3ds.
I need a good start.
I'd also like to mention im a noob at technical stuff, so keep that in mind.
Can someone suggest to me a good and UPDATED complete guide to setting up gateway, backing up games and sysNAND, setting up emuNAND, etc? What I mean by UPDATED is since OMEGA came out, there might be new techniques or updates or ways or whatever to complement OMEGA, but honestly I was just assuming. Thank you!
I have some questions I was confused about earlier as well...
Why would someone back up their emuNAND?
What are some MUST NOTS to prevent bricking or crash of my 3ds during gateway procedures?
Since Omega came out, does that mean I have to use 2.0b1 or 2.0b2? By the way, what are these 2 things supposed to be in the first place?
What is exFAT or FAT32

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got my gateway in the mail, and I already have a 4.5 firmware 3ds.
I need a good start.
I'd also like to mention im a noob at technical stuff, so keep that in mind.
Can someone suggest to me a good and UPDATED complete guide to setting up gateway, backing up games and sysNAND, setting up emuNAND, etc? What I mean by UPDATED is since OMEGA came out, there might be new techniques or updates or ways or whatever to complement OMEGA, but honestly I was just assuming. Thank you!
I have some questions I was confused about earlier as well...
Why would someone back up their emuNAND?
What are some MUST NOTS to prevent bricking or crash of my 3ds during gateway procedures?
Since Omega came out, does that mean I have to use 2.0b1 or 2.0b2? By the way, what are these 2 things supposed to be in the first place?
What is exFAT or FAT32

jesus christ there are stickies for this why dont people read!!!!! anways i will answer your questions

a good guide is at gateway3ds.net and just down the 2.01 omega update and extract the launcher.dat file in your root directy of your 3ds sd card that came with the 3ds. People backup there nand for that very reason EmuNAND so they can go online with retail cards and access eshop while keeping there real nand at 4.5. 2.01b and 2.0b2 are versions before omega 2.0 you dont need any of them just get omgea 2.01 and your good to go. Exfat is a format you will want to use becasuse with Exfat you can download roms bigger than 4gb and you wont have to split them up. Fat32 has a limit of 4gb so when you format your microsd just save yourself the trouble and format to exFAT.

Reactions: Herobroski

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should've checked the stickies anyway lol

There's also a good setup guide that is part of a gateway card review, on this site. I forget the author, but its not buried too deep I think.

Also, keep your WiFi off at all times unless you're updating the emunand side, or visiting the eshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.