Homebrew I feel like the universe doesn't want me to downgrade my N3DS.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think I can downgrade again just to get something that will give me an "untether" jailbreak on my 3DS. XD I can barely handle downgrading now lol.

Are you finishing this partial downgrade at least? There is no shame in taking a break and finishing tomorrow, but I would at least finish this partial downgrade and finish step 2, so its easy to remember where to pick it up later. And they are totally right, doing this when tired is asking for trouble. You need to focus girl!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of this thread is entirely accurate at this point tbh. My SD card is fully inserted and the browser refuses to load.
Scott pilgrim didn't quit when seven evil exes didn't want him dating ramona, are you gonna quit cause you feel the universe doesn't want to downgrade? im sure someone else would been picked if not everyone wouldn't be downgrading.

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you finishing this partial downgrade at least? There is no shame in taking a break and finishing tomorrow, but I would at least finish this partial downgrade and finish step 2, so its easy to remember where to pick it up later. And they are totally right, doing this when tired is asking for trouble. You need to focus girl!
I'm trying to finish it but the browser keeps on crashing. And I'm not really that tired honestly. It's 1:37AM and I usually sleep around 3.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of this thread is entirely accurate at this point tbh. My SD card is fully inserted and the browser refuses to load.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, I mean, I can handle it, but going through all those steps to have a fully hacked 3DS just seems a bit much to me. I'm happy with the way my O3DS is set up. Menuhax + Luma3DS.
The only purpose of the downgrade is to get the OTP for A9HL, which is useful for things like brick recovery and faster boot time of CFW/Red/EmuNand. And if you need time to process, just finish the downgrade to 9.2, and you can continue another day. I had to do the same because the process took all night for me. Again, I was triple checking everything, and repeating a few steps, like the 2.1 Rednand downgrade, which ate up all my time.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to finish it but the browser keeps on crashing. And I'm not really that tired honestl. It's 1:37AM and I usually sleep around 3.

You have to do it as if you were starting brand new. change date and time again, load browser and reset the settings or whatever on the browser just like you did in step 1.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to finish it but the browser keeps on crashing. And I'm not really that tired honestly. It's 1:37AM and I usually sleep around 3.
As for the browser crashing, make sure you clear the browser cache each time before you run the exploit to get into homebrew. Seems to be the culprit.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only purpose of the downgrade is to get the OTP for A9HL, which is useful for things like brick recovery and faster boot time of CFW/Red/EmuNand. And if you need time to process, just finish the downgrade to 9.2, and you can continue another day. I had to do the same because the process took all night for me. Again, I was triple checking everything, and repeating a few steps, like the 2.1 Rednand downgrade, which ate up all my time.

I manually types in that browser hax address that night so many times I memorized the whole address lol

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the browser crashing, make sure you clear the browser cache each time before you run the exploit to get into homebrew. Seems to be the culprit.
I cleared everything and it's still kicking me out. Out of all of the exploits I think I hate browserhax the most. I'm grateful we have it, don't get me wrong, but it crashes so damn much.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cleared everything and it's still kicking me out. Out of all of the exploits I think I hate browserhax the most. I'm grateful we have it, don't get me wrong, but it crashes so damn much.
So you remember to set the time, and date to january 1 2000 at 12 am and reset browser settings "As fast as possible"

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So you remember to set the time, and date to january 1 2000 at 12 am and reset browser settings "As fast as possible"
I also manually types in the address and didnt use the QR code... and I dont think my browserhax failed for me once, so she is very unlucky... or maybe manually is more reliable than using the QR?

Damon_girl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also manually types in the address and didnt use the QR code... and I dont think my browserhax failed for me once, so she is very unlucky... or maybe manually is more reliable than using the QR?
Okay, after I deleted some leftover files on my SD card I'm finally in the homebrew launcher. So I just run the downgrade again and hope for the best, huh? Is there a chance of soft bricking at this point?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, after I deleted some leftover files on my SD card I'm finally in the homebrew launcher. So I just run the downgrade again and hope for the best, huh? Is there a chance of soft bricking at this point?

You deleting files at this point scares me but.. as long as you didnt remove anything important to the downgrade you should be able to continue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: