Hacking i dont have nand.bin how i make hardmode

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Classic case of "I'm gonna hack my 3DS without knowing what I'm doing and definitely not reading the guide because fuck that"

I'm sorry if that seemed rude, but what were you thinking? Why would you have formatted your device on 2.1? Nowhere in any guide it would tell you to do such a thing. You reap what you sow I guess .. plus not taking a backup. Let this be a lesson learned for you. Fortunately it's only a <$70 lesson as 2DS is cheap.

Can someone with a9lh on a 2DS please do this :

1) downgrade say to 9.2 and update using recovery mode to make sure it works
2) downgrade to 4.x and format, then try recovery mode and see if it works
3) whatever happens restore a backup
4) report here the results

I just want to know for once and all whether a soft bricked 2DS can recover by updating (now that we can install CFW on the latest firmware, having to update is no longer a big deal).

Wouldn't you need a hardmod to restore the nand backup? I do have a spare 2DS but not anything to hardmod it with soooooo I don't see anyone willing to try this unless they can hardmod it to restore backup.

Last edited by Distrance,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm it's interesting anyhow but wouldn't PLailect know if there were a way to recover from this without a hardmod? My common sense troubleshooting says, 2DS' lowest firmware was like 6.x (WAY after 2.1). But, the CTRNAND 2.1 file IS for a 3DS not a 2DS which did indeed have 2.1. SO my question is even if he were to update would the system itself be detected as a 2DS or a 3DS? Then that begs the question would the update cause a hardbrick (if it recognizes 2.1 on a 2DS) or would it just update normally. This is of course assuming his recover mode update error is due to the server/wi-fi. Even when I bought my 3DS out of the box I got that SAME error message like 4 times before sitting directly in front of my router to update. Try taking the battery out, it will re-enable wi-fi if it's turned off. And go sit next to your router. :D
The way to restore this is with a NAND backup and a hardmod. 3DS.Guide even has a nice, red box that mentions this on the 2.1 ctrtransfer page.
Never format a 2DS while on a version <6.0.0 or you will be unable to complete initial setup and will BRICK!

O3DS and 2DS use the same firmware by the way, so if he were able to update, it'd be fine.

He's not going to be able to update though, probably. Maybe if he has a cartridge game with 6.0+ on it? Even then, his shit will be pretty fucked and it'll still be a hard recovery.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wouldn't you need a hardmod to restore the nand backup? I do have a spare 2DS but not anything to hardmod it with soooooo I don't see anyone willing to try this unless they can hardmod it to restore backup.

Not with A9LH installed. You'd just have to boot up Hourglass9 and restore the backup.

Last edited by Cuphat,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SO my question is even if he were to update would the system itself be detected as a 2DS or a 3DS?
There's no difference between 2DS and O3DS operating systems, just that at appropriate times (3.1 and 5.0?) functions were added to detect XL or 2DS, but most software still doesn't care... system settings (including the initial setup) is one of the exceptions

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no difference between 2DS and O3DS operating systems, just that at appropriate times (3.1 and 5.0?) functions were added to detect XL or 2DS, but most software still doesn't care... system settings (including the initial setup) is one of the exceptions
6.0 was when the 2DS specific stuff was added. As for the OP, if they have their OTP.bin, we could recover this with a hardmod, if not, wait until sighax is implemented, I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: GBATemp Rule 63. Uhh... someone check. :ninja: