I case modded a DS Phat for no reason -_______-

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a Phat for $35, bought a housing from Dealextreme, took it apart and swapped it, and when I went to Gamestop in an attempt to sell it, theyt old me they wouldn't accept it because the color was never released her in the US. And they told me that if I DID have a valid color, they'll give me $20 for it
mad.gif
Now idk what to do with it, think I can sell it for way more anywhere because the color is rare and only released in Japan?
unsure.gif
I've noticed the Phat has WAY better sound than my Zelda lite, and it's comfortable, although I cannot stand how the screen is so dim and discolored (well my touch screen is).

Btw if anyone wants to swap the housing on their Phat, it's not that hard, the ribbon cable goes through the hole easily, instead of the lite where you have to fucking wrap it up and feed it through, I can't stand that. Anyways, here's some pics.

whiteDSphat2.jpg

whiteDSphat.jpg

whiteDSphat3.jpg

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've taken DSPhat's I repaired from ebay into GameStop with Black, Pink, Red, White, and Blue cases, and get $20 for every one...

I can usually make about $3 on each one due to case cracked DSPhats on ebay are cheap as hell...

I think I have $200 on one of those cards, lol

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I've taken DSPhat's I repaired from ebay into GameStop with Black, Pink, Red, White, and Blue cases, and get $20 for every one...

I can usually make about $3 on each one due to case cracked DSPhats on ebay are cheap as hell...

Do you pay more for the broken Phats than how much you get from GameStop?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JDMEVOIXMR said:
zidane_genome said:

Do you pay more for the broken Phats than how much you get from GameStop?

No, with just a case repair, I pay less than what I get at GameStop... if I have to buy a screen, I'll sell it back on eBay for a bigger profit... I usually have 2 of each shell, so I can sell them as "custom" shells... once someone buys it, and tells me what color case, I pop it in, and ship it off...

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Try a different store if you can. Tell em its legit, you got it on your trip to Japan
WHy would that work they don't care if he case modded they just don't want a non-US system XD

No American Store will buy foreign games or devices, and you'd have to get a pretty dim employee to think you have a white US Phat lol

JDMEVOIXMR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the most you've sold a white one for?
wink2.gif
It's weird, with flash carts, it feels like a DS is worth MORE to me now, like even a Phat, I feel like selling it for $120, but that's near lite territory, but it feels like it's worth that much!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
$20 for a DSPhat!

Most places in the UK offer £40 (about $70)

I tried to trade-in a french copy of Animal-Crossing, but they said that they wouldn't because it wasn't english (the boxart was dual-language, and of course the cart was multi-5)

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
science said:
Try a different store if you can. Tell em its legit, you got it on your trip to Japan
WHy would that work they don't care if he case modded they just don't want a non-US system XD

No American Store will buy foreign games or devices, and you'd have to get a pretty dim employee to think you have a white US Phat lol

Explain how I got my used navy blue DS Lite from Gamestop then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1