Hacking I can't decide if I want to jailbreak my PS3 or not

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Seeing as how I live in Macedonia I'm used to pirating everything, you can buy pre-modded systems here and some stores even sell pirated games, not to mention you can get them at any farmer's/green market.

But since I'm a huge gamer and gaming is practically my life I couldn't pass up on the PS3 and ended up with a really good IMO PS3 collection of original games, I even bought some PSN stuff and plan on buying a lot more soon.

My collection:

3D Dot Game Heroes
Astro Tripper
Demon's Souls
Earthworm Jim HD
flOw
Flower
Folklore
Genji: Days of the Blade
God of War Collection
God of War III
Heavenly Sword
Heavy Rain
Noby Noby Boy
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance 2
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Valkyria Chronicles
Wipeout HD
WipEout HD Fury
Yakuza 3

I'm missing some games like Killzone 2 which I honestly don't care about, Infamous and MGS4 but those are all games I can get for real cheap here.
I have my 360 to play non original games on, I have a Wii which I absolutely love too, DS Lite and XL and a PSP, so all my other systems can play free games just fine.

My currently most anticipated games are both PS3 exclusives, The Last Guardian and Ninokuni(the Ghibli/Level 5 JRPG), but the PS3 has a bunch of other really good exclusives coming, still I don't see myself not being able to afford the few other exclusives when I can play all my multiplatform games on 360.

I don't want to get banned, lose access to PSN which while nowhere near as good as XBLA is still good and I don't want to lose the ability to play online for free, though tbh I don't do this much I'm more of a single player guy.

Another thing, Sony won't just let this one go, they already managed to block it with 3.42 or at least get close to blocking it I'm not sure and they won't stop here if the thing gets unblocked or ways to downgrade to 3.41 are found.

So what do you guys think?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan to game online, then no. Otherwise, yes. Since you say you use PSN, I'd say that for you, no.

Maybe get another PS3 that you won't use online and jailbreak that, but keep your legit PS3 for normal gaming.

Shinigami Kiba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Rayder said:
If you plan to game online, then no. Otherwise, yes. Since you say you use PSN, I'd say that for you, no.

Maybe get another PS3 that you won't use online and jailbreak that, but keep your legit PS3 for normal gaming.

yeah I was thinking about getting another PS3, but a slim PS3 here is around 250-300 euros I think maybe more, I bought mine for 250 from a guy but it was brand new he just got it from another country, saw it can't play pirated games and sold it.

Anyway the money I'd spend on a PS3 and the jailbreak would be the same amount of money more or less I'd spend on the upcoming exclusives I plan on buyin

Guess I should keep it legit for now lol

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree that for you Jailbreaking is probably not a good option. Especially with all the uncertainty surrounding the future.

For myself, I literally went online for the first time in 3 years on my PS3 to get Scott Pilgrim. Other than that I'm pretty much an offline, single player person, so I am considering the Jailbreak option. Obviously there are risks associated with that, since we have no idea how Sony will react or ban users in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy