Hardware I bought modified wii can i get some help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhzainn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am new in this forum and i don't know anything about wii ,i am glad that i registered in this forum
i want you to help me, I bought a modified wii week ago from a store , and he said only buy copeied games discs from stores , don't try to copy games from internet it will brick your wii , he said i can restore it if you brick your wii by paying 30$ , i want to try new games from internet if they work or not but i am afraid of bricking my wii ,
what should i do?
unsure.gif

these the are wii Specifications:
White wii with system 4.2U , with neogamma r8 beta 7 channel (Ios 249) (rev14) , and (homebrow channel 1.0.5)
and usb loader GX

thank you for your help and sorry for my bad English language and sorry for taking your time

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well the guy from the store is a filthy liar. I wouldn't give this jackass anymore of your business if you can avoid it.

The softmod done to your wii is quite outdated. I'd suggest you use Modmii For Windows to rehack your wii. This will overwrite everything and get you up-to-date. Make sure you follow the modmii guide perfectly, if you run into any problems post on the modmii thread and someone should be able to help you.

The only way you could even potentially brick your wii playing a game is if the game still had the update partition and you accidentally updated. Even then it probably wouldn't brick you unless your wii is a korean region changed wii (if im not mistaken there are quite a few of these floating around the states). Either way you can install Priiloader and use the hacks to block updates (Priiloader will be installed as part of the Modmii).

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
don't give him a dime more of your money. He's a bold faced liar and 100% of Homebrew is free. Games from the internet will not brick your Wii. Sometimes the copies will not work though. The system will boot the game and then crash for various reasons. Make sure your Wii is up to date with mods and you should be good to go.

Oh, AND NEVER EVER PERFORM A SYSTEM UPDATE OR YOUR WII WILL GET BRICKED!

mhzainn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for helping me guys, but someone said that you should use hackmii installer first, is that right ? and if thats right i should update my homebrow channel and using it or from sd card menu ?
wacko.gif

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mhzainn said:
thank you for helping me guys, but someone said that you should use hackmii installer first, is that right ? and if thats right i should update my homebrow channel and using it or from sd card menu ?
wacko.gif

It is safe to update your homebrew channel through your wii's internet channel or using hackmii (also requires an internet connection) which prevents it being deleted if you accidently updated but all of that is covered in the modmii guide anyway I think
unsure.gif

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, would you just use modmii and it will download everything for you and tell you how to do it with a detailed guide it will generate.....

Hyperjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Yep. Of course it worked! I mean I copied a game from the Internet once, my bro thought I'm just another annoying Toad,
BUT I PROVED HIM W-R-O-N-G! I exactly did what 10_0ARMY did ,and it worked. keep on exploring the underworld of Wii dude!:yaywii:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE