Hacking I am so f****ng screwed.. 3DS Firmware problem..

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But once i got fieldrunners and downgraded/installed cfw can i just download the games from a cracked eshop or do i have to put cia's on my sd card in order to play?

sort answer: Yes

long answer: you can install cias downloaded from shady sites. works fine. or you can use freeshop/ciangel to download content from nintendos servers. youll have options!! so many options!

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wasn't in debt when i bought my 3DS

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes it does but you lose you warranty if you fuck up so be careful when opening that 3DS

offtopic: also i am officially a member now, and i only opened one topic YAY XD

But once i got fieldrunners and downgraded/installed cfw can i just download the games from a cracked eshop or do i have to put cia's on my sd card in order to play?

Perform a DSiWare downgrade or hardmod, easy, there is no more resources that rumors about an arm11 kernel exploit.

TEINDTPA

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius
Perform a DSiWare downgrade or hardmod, easy, there is no more resources that rumors about an arm11 kernel exploit.

I could do a hardmod , meh

I could do a dsiware downgrade with 2 console , meh

I could wait until they release a way to do a dsiware hax save , Yeah!

I prefer easy way like a lot of people having to wait is part of the hacking scene, you do it or you wait!

fpsbroski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I could do a hardmod , meh

I could do a dsiware downgrade with 2 console , meh

I could wait until they release a way to do a dsiware hax save , Yeah!

I prefer easy way like a lot of people having to wait is part of the hacking scene, you do it or you wait!

Yeah but i don't wanna spend money on fieldrunners and a new 3ds which doesn't contain cfw like fieldrunners alone would be possible but not another 3ds

sort answer: Yes

long answer: you can install cias downloaded from shady sites. works fine. or you can use freeshop/ciangel to download content from nintendos servers. youll have options!! so many options!
but i need 2 systems right?

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah but i don't wanna spend money on fieldrunners and a new 3ds which doesn't contain cfw like fieldrunners alone would be possible but not another 3ds

I don't want to be and asshole but your will to solve your problems is none, you say "I have X problem but I don't wanna try solution 1 and solution 2, what can I do?" when 1 and 2 are literally the only solutions available for the moment. Yeah you can wait to arm11 kernel exploit but that theoric method still NEEDS to buy Fieldrunners.

You need to entablish if you really need/want an exploited system and put more effort if the answer is yes. You need to seek for people in the forum close to you to help you to perform DSiWare method or do a hardmod.

Last edited by JCCG1989,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if youre on 11.0 or higher, you need to do the known-plaintext firm downgrade. via either hardmod or dsiware.

i dont care to read the thread and see if you posted what model you have. but if you have an old 3ds xl or a 2ds, i'll hardmod it for you free if you pay shipping. if its a new 3ds, or an original old, i dont like dealing with all those ribbon cables

fpsbroski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if youre on 11.0 or higher, you need to do the known-plaintext firm downgrade. via either hardmod or dsiware.

i dont care to read the thread and see if you posted what model you have. but if you have an old 3ds xl or a 2ds, i'll hardmod it for you free if you pay shipping. if its a new 3ds, or an original old, i dont like dealing with all those ribbon cables
Oh that would be amazing man! yeah i have a old 3ds xl :) hopefully it wouldn't be too much of charge to ship a 3ds from the Netherlands to the USA

I don't want to be and asshole but your will to solve your problems is none, you say "I have X problem but I don't wanna try solution 1 and solution 2, what can I do?" when 1 and 2 are literally the only solutions available for the moment. Yeah you can wait to arm11 kernel exploit but that theoric method still NEEDS to buy Fieldrunners.

You need to entablish if you really need/want an exploited system and put more effort if the answer is yes. You need to seek for people in the forum close to you to help you to perform DSiWare method or do a hardmod.
i know i am new to all of this, and i love the hospitality of this community :)

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that would be amazing man! yeah i have a old 3ds xl :) hopefully it wouldn't be too much of charge to ship a 3ds from the Netherlands to the USA

i know i am new to all of this, and i love the hospitality of this community :)
oh, netherlands. i was being dumb and assuming everyone was american again. well still, if you can afford shipping to and from, i can hardmod and do the downgrade and cfw install for you.

if shipping is too crazy, then the next cheapest way would probably be to get a exploitable 2ds and use it for dsiware. on ebay i see them often for about $50 usd.

TEINDTPA

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
ICWHATYOUDIDTHERE.com
XP
Country
Mauritius

if you wait you will need only a 3ds system , fieldrunners and HBL access.

fpsbroski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh, netherlands. i was being dumb and assuming everyone was american again. well still, if you can afford shipping to and from, i can hardmod and do the downgrade and cfw install for you.

if shipping is too crazy, then the next cheapest way would probably be to get a exploitable 2ds and use it for dsiware. on ebay i see them often for about $50 usd.

Yeah i guess i will do that, let me have a lil chit chat with my parents but ill let you know if i am interested, It will definitely be a lot more cheaper and more benefitical than just buying a sky3ds card :) nice to have folk like you around :)

And in the meantime i will just enjoy my 3ds games on a good old citra emulator :D cuz some of them are playable :)

And in the meantime i will just enjoy my 3ds games on a good old citra emulator :D cuz some of them are playable :)

if you wait you will need only a 3ds system , fieldrunners and HBL access.
Yeah whats HBL Access?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah whats HBL Access?

access to the homebrew launcher. through some kind of userland exploit. such as browserhax or menuhax or oot3dhax or ninjhax or... lots of others. thats what you'll need first before you can really do much.

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can also offer to perform a dsiware downgrade for you. I have an o3ds xl from a friend lying around that just had an dsiware downgrade and a9lh Installation. It still has the nnid with fieldrunners and legends of exidia linked on it and the week you Need to wait for performing a System Transfer is already over ....
I am living in Germany so the shipping should be less than to the USA but you wouldn't get a hardmod...
I only created that nnid for dsiware downgrades so I won't care if I lose it, but idk if you have any games on your nnid you care about or if you want to link an own nnid and if there is a Problem if my downgrade nnid is locked to your System.
Well I can't say I am trustworthy since I haven't done hardmods or anything for other People here yet .... so you would have to trust me there.
Just offering this because I want to help the community and have fun modding consoles and other stuff :3
If you have interest, just contact me :P

Last edited by Ar5chK3ks,

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@platoss because no arm11 kernel exploit is released you Need to have 2 3ds Systems. And you can't downgrade an o3ds or 2ds with a n3ds.
Furthermore you Need to have both Systems at Hand and can't do it over the Internet since the System Transfer Needs them to be next to each other.

platoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that is a bummer i have no two 3ds is there a onther solution without dsi downgrade and hardmod to play cia games on version 11.1.0-34?

Ar5chK3ks

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well hardmod obviously doesn't need you to have 2 systems since you can dump your nand without System transfering fieldrunners or anther exploitable dsiware game.
But other than that there isn't right now for cia games. I believe you can still use Sky3ds for .3ds games and edit the private Header to Play online. Another cheap method would be to get an 2ds with exploitable Firmware, install a9lh on it, perform a System Transfer for fieldrunner(or whatever....), sell it for more because it now has a9lh(so you actually would make Profit ....).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson