Hacking I am SO CONFLICTED!

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys,

A friend is bringing me a PS4 Pro from Dubai. It's CUH-7116B, so am pretty sure the firmware will be 4.7x. I'm up-to-date with the current PS4 homebrew scene, and I know there is a 5.0x exploit in private, which MAY OR MAY NOT be released to the public soon™.

Originally, I was thinking I'll buy and play older games like Ratchet and Clank, TLOU, etc and wait for the exploit to drop. Those older games, I can get used copies for cheap here. Am in no rush.

Reason for my confliction is my friends are saying I won't be able to download game updates and Pro patches, etc. So I won't be playing those games at their very best look. Another reason for confliction is the supersampling that's there in 5.50. The games that I'll be enjoying won't look THEIR VERY BEST as they do right now.

Another positive side to going legit is, a friend is ready to share his PSN Plus account with me. As in, I can login to his account, download his legit digital games, and stay offline for a week and play them (something about "Make this PS4 Primary and then bulk downloading games, and staying offline for a week to play").

Another main reason for my confliction is I know I'LL HATE MYSELF if I update and an exploit gets released soon. Then I'll miss out on the exploitable firmware window.

Before you say, get another PS4 for legit purposes/homebrew purposes, let me tell you. I can't afford it. I poured all my savings into this PS4 Pro. Can't have two consoles.

I wanna ask you guys, am I over-exagerating this PLAYING A GAME AT ITS BEST VISUAL state? Can I simply play a game off the disc and without installing any game updates? Does supersampling make those games THAT good? Will I be missing out on that? I'll only be able to play my PS4 Pro on my 24-inch Full HD monitor (144 Hz, but that doesn't matter here).

Sorry for writing this so big. Thanx a lot for reading. Please suggest and guide :)

Last edited by GaaraPrime,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
all ps4 games run at 60fps, and many games' visual patch are not included on disc and u have to connect to psn to download them.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have a ps4 pro on 4.73 and i cannot afford another one either but i think i´ll wait for the exploit supersampling it´s not too much of a big deal for me...
I see. Maybe am just blowing this supersampling thing out of proportions. What about game updates?

all ps4 games run at 60fps, and many games' visual patch are not included on disc and u have to connect to psn to download them.
That is one of the reasons for my confliction :(

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
there aren't any significant visual improvements from ps4 to pro, and they also require latest fw to download, if ur goal is pirating then don't update.

Last edited by leon315,

VTAprentice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that. Am just saying, UNTIL the exploit comes, I can't get game updates on 4.7x, which means I won't be playing the disc games AT THE BEST they're supposed to be played :(
Yeah that´s the downside you i´ll be playing them more or less like a regular ps4 but it´s not a big of a diference in a small monitor. If you do mind about graphical fidelity get a pc that´s where you will see big diferences in quality.

GaaraPrime

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah that´s the downside you i´ll be playing them more or less like a regular ps4 but it´s not a big of a diference in a small monitor. If you do mind about graphical fidelity get a pc that´s where you will see big diferences in quality.
I have a PC. It's in my sig. I've bought PS4 only for the exclusives.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@ravihpa hey mate i have owned a ps4 pro for about 2 months now and i only recently bought another ps4 (this time a Slim Ps4 strictly for my online gaming needs ,i need overwatch.)

anyways i am keeping my pro on 5.05 for the hax stuff.

i can tell you this about the "better graphics" stuff regarding the pro vs the regular ps4, it's really minor unless you sit very close and own a 4k you wont notice that much of a difference.. but since i do own a 4k tv and to be fair i do notice that when i play on my regular slim ps4 it's really less sharp/less smooth than my pro.

but it's not a huge ass difference but it does look "abit" better.

if you want hax, keep your pro on the fw it comes with if it's 4.7x and just play the games , you'll also get boost mode it should overall make a little bit of difference even if you play on an hd monitor, though if you owned a 4k you wouldn't have to worry about that supersamplinh stuff.

and about game updates there will be people uploading the pkgs eventually.

Reactions: GaaraPrime
D

Deleted User

i have the same exact model. 7116B. it came with 4.73 firmware. i bought it one week ago. i think it's worse then the 7016B model. not just becuse the newer firmware but also becuse i heard that sony removed some internal parts and put cheaper parts instead. anyway I'm glad that i bought the pro version. i don't have 4k tv (yet) but there are some games that take advantage of the pro version. for example i can play shadow of colossus at 60 fps instead of 30 fps. and i have unlocked frame rate in witcher 3.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
His account doesn't have all PS4 games released from 2013-2017, which is what you'd have access to on an exploitable firmware (provided you have a large enough HDD and a fast internet connection... I'm talking 50GB+ per game). And about that "Activate as Your Primary PS4" every week? Yeah, that will get old pretty fast. What if you're sick or he's away?

Supersampling in 5.50 means it WILL have an impact on performance. I'd rather have better framerate, thank you very much.

all ps4 games run at 60fps
Hahahahaha, no. Not even close. Console games are 30 fps, with the odd ball of 60 (which most of the time will be struggling to reach unless it's a PS4 Pro without that supersampling setting on).

D

Deleted-355425

Of course you can download patches for the ps4 to install through the jailbreak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol