Gaming Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 - AUS/EU/US Release dates, screens & trailer

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Enough people to warrant a localization? Just because its not your cup of tea, doesnt mean there isnt plenty of people who want to drink up. But I suppose I forgot that triple A, big budget titles are the only things worth playing /sarcasm

Don't know if there is enough enough people that will buy this... But Vita users will eat anything i suppose...

I just though "LOL jumping is a high point? really?", I am not a person of AAA titles (although as usual i enjoy lots of them), where i am having my fun nowadays is with indie titles, but this isnt even a indie title... its a triple A anime game (aparently... as i am seeing tons of people drolling over this game... that has nothing special except ANIMES CHICKS KAWAII... if you like that, then go for it... but my question maintains... is there even an audience for this? How many people will buy this game outside of japan?

Has lots of suggestive themes, the target audience must be neanderthals.

2539456-3566418660-tumbl.gif

Reactions: omgpwn666

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there even an audience for this? How many people will buy this game outside of japan?
Ya know, this us gonna be a reeeeal stretch here, but how about all of the people who purchased the other entries in the franchise and made it a reasonable enough success that they can keep localizing new ones?

You can dislike it/think its silly garbage all you want, but could you at least use your head before you pop off your silly questions in an attempt to make yourself seem like a superior cool-guy?

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
http://www.honestgamers.com/articles/11560.html
A little old article but answers all your questions.

That's a first impression of people who don't inform themselves.
Sure the game is weeaboo as F*ck but it still has some quality value other than boobs.

of course, don't leave the lolis out!!

well, to inform a little, the first game was done with a very tight budget and most of it was directed toward the visuals and voice acting, this gave it a good looking visual novel experience but the gameplay was obviously hurted, regardless they managed to pull off a somewhat complex battle system with combos similar to Valkyrie Profile, but the dungeons are repetitive and the missions are not that varied. seeing that they had a low budget they did well, but a little more focus on gameplay would have been ideal.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
of course, don't leave the lolis out!!
Forgive me, Koushiro senpai.

well, to inform a little, the first game was done with a very tight budget and most of it was directed toward the visuals and voice acting, this gave it a good looking visual novel experience but the gameplay was obviously hurted, regardless they managed to pull off a somewhat complex battle system with combos similar to Valkyrie Profile, but the dungeons are repetitive and the missions are not that varied. seeing that they had a low budget they did well, but a little more focus on gameplay would have been ideal.

I guess that's what they want to fix with this remake. Which would be nice of course because I haven't added the first game into my amazon wishlist because of the gameplay critique point.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow.... "jump to explore new areas"

Sorry this game seems to be completely horrible... who the hell buys these games? really?
People with poor judgement that haven't caught on that moe-bait never makes for a great game. The goodside, Japan is leaking out into the western world and thats awesome. The bad side, Hyperdimension games are aweful.

Reactions: Hero-Link

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People with poor judgement that haven't caught on that moe-bait never makes for a great game. The goodside, Japan is leaking out into the western world and thats awesome. The bad side, Hyperdimension games are aweful.
Aweful? Must be amazing then.

It won't be the next Planescape or Deus Ex, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy them.

potato3334

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if there is enough enough people that will buy this... But Vita users will eat anything i suppose...

I just though "LOL jumping is a high point? really?", I am not a person of AAA titles (although as usual i enjoy lots of them), where i am having my fun nowadays is with indie titles, but this isnt even a indie title... its a triple A anime game (aparently... as i am seeing tons of people drolling over this game... that has nothing special except ANIMES CHICKS KAWAII... if you like that, then go for it... but my question maintains... is there even an audience for this? How many people will buy this game outside of japan?

Sorry, but this is far from a triple A anime game. Compile heart reused almost every single attack, attack animation, character art, and map design from neptunia victory. Its pretty much the story from neptunia 1 with a complete nepyunia v skin. Following that, every friggin plot point is focused on a blatant fetch quest, and its more about cute girls screwing around rather than parodying the game industry as advertised. The battle system had potential, but unfortunately almost every enemy is the same and you rarely get a chance to exploit most of the games more complex mechanics. many ppl compare this series to atelier, but at least atelier has a deep item synthesis system and well thought out charlacter interaction and plot. I honestly just responded to this post as an excuse to hate on the game, but I just wanted people to know what they were getting into

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.