Hwfly V4 Core not working properly

zZJ0K3R

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello everyone im new here hopefully someone could help me on this.
So i got the recent HWFLY 4V Core for my nintendo switch version 1 tried to solder it 2 times,firts time i install it i got a yellow blinking waited more than 10 minutes to see if the chip could do something but nothing only black screen no boot so on the second try i searched for another moder and he kinda got it to work by downgrading the chip to 0.23 (as an advice from the modchip seller)but now the modchip is stuck at blinking green(black screen) for more than 2 hours and if i remove the micro sd the modchip goes solid purple and if restart without the microsd it goes blinking green and it reapeats the same cycle by inserting and taking off the microsd again.

i alredy tried also to install all the hwfly softwares versions for the modchip on someone computer because my pc with windows 10 doesnt read it,tried instaling another sd reader and as i said i tried rsoldering it more than 2 times and also tried a RCM jig but no correct response from the chip
what could i do now? should it return the chip and get a refund or a new chip or what else could i try? thanks

Attachments

• Spacecraft.png
    Spacecraft.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 128
  • purple.jpg
    purple.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 141
  • green.jpg
    green.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110

zakwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there

I'm not sure if it's the chip or the installation of the chip on your switch, but i may have bad news for you.....

Can you verify that the switch turns on WITHOUT the chip ? Open it, remove batt, disconnect the modchip, put back the EMMC where it goes (you don't need to unsolder the qsb for testing)

Does the switch work ? i hope but i think it may not

I've done a lot of testing lately trying to convert a oled modchip and use it on erista, and i found out by making all these test that i burned somehow that erista... topic is here (https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-installing-hwfly-v4-on-erista-patched.616720/)
It was doing like you blinking purple then blinking green light but black screen and you can wait as much as you want it won't load anything, verified if the switch worked without the chip and it was burned cpu was dead...

On the other hand if it DOES work without the chip then it's just a firmware problem (if you are sure you connected it correctly), the latest fw 0.31 works perfectly, else the initial firmware should be 0.21

If the chip isn't detected correctly on your computer, first try connecting it to a USB strait from mobo (not a front tower usb or on a HUB or something like that, also i would connect it to a USB 2 in case you got USB 3 driver issues or something like that)

Else it's a problem with the USB wiring on the chip, this happened for me with many chips not only v4 had trouble with the flashable first hwfly also, just connect usb to the chip like this and it should work fine

sxcore-usb-schematics.jpg

hope it helps you, if you need latest firmware (0.31) send me a MP, it's like hell to find on internet since the chipnx page doesn't work

Last edited by zakwarrior,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwxoT_tIfQM