HWFLY Firmware or model version for Patched V1 Switch?

KIDMods

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm planning on buying a V4 HWFLY modchip for my patched v1 switch and I'd like to ask whether I should get the V4, or whether to look for a V3, V5 or whatnot and in general what the difference is. Or whether all the differences between them is firmware and in order to get it to work with my switch all I would need would be to update the firmware? And if so, what firmware?

And finally, I'd also like to ask what temperature you would recommend for the mod, I've got a soldering station that can go up to about 500°C, would that be sufficient?

In order to address inevitable replies of people telling me to buy an unpatched switch, most if not all second-hand marketplaces in my country sell those for about 200-ish dollars none below, for reference I bought the switch I have now, second-hand, patched for 65 dollars. So as of now, even with buying an HWFLY chip, it would still be cheaper to modchip it than to sell the switch I have and buy an unpatched one.

Thank you very much in advance for any help

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah my preference is 320c mark sometimes 340c

Hot enough melt solder quick so and not hot enough to remove smds etc

Hwfly core is very easy to solder vertical pads and much larger clearance for smds

Reactions: KIDMods

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: need to have official info from N