Gaming How would I make my PC do this

sergster1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLS35kyYlOU[/youtube]

Hmm.. I would REAAAAALLLY like to do this as a surprise for my friends birthday as he LOVES portal. Any ideas on how to get my pc to run that.... i dont even running in windows mode. DOS would be nice
biggrin.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shinkukage09 said:
It's most likely a screensaver with music. Or something else. That's my guess, though. Or it's a boot edit. Not sure
if only it were that simple

its a program that he coded for the 8080 computer with the text and ascii art showing up and with sound laid over the video
it took a lot of time to code properly

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
well there is a .exe that does what you ask (timing isn't perfect but it should do) here

then you can get that program to run at boot by adding a registry entry (make backup first before editing)

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

right-click inside and make a new string New->string name it to whatever you want then double click the string and input the location of the .exe downloaded.

for extra flair you can set the taskbar to autohide and change the desktop wallpaper to a black colour.

sergster1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now In regards to that exe is there anyway i can turn it into a boot disk so that before he boots into windows it runs that program with the text and what not?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sergster1 said:
Now In regards to that exe is there anyway i can turn it into a boot disk so that before he boots into windows it runs that program with the text and what not?

Refer to Dter ic's post.

sergster1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
sergster1 said:

Refer to Dter ic's post.

It needs to be a boot disk cause i dont want to mess with the registry of a pc that i do not own

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
sergster1 said:
Devin said:
sergster1 said:

Refer to Dter ic's post.

It needs to be a boot disk cause i dont want to mess with the registry of a pc that i do not own
A boot disk would be more complicated. You need a basic OS to run off it to execute the EXE. Registry is the easiest way, believe me. Or you could just stick it in his start up folder. No idea if that would work alright but its the easiest thing.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
sergster1 said:
Devin said:
sergster1 said:

Refer to Dter ic's post.

create a bootable iso using imgburn and add those files (my link, replace the current boring.wav with devins) then burn the iso to a disc and then change the boot order so the cd boots first, load the disc... PROFIT

(i'm not sure if this works but i guess it won't hurt to give this a try)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1