Hacking [HOW-TO] Use Scene Dumps with GW 2.2 Online

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is in the program, it doesn't work as you would think.....I imagined the same, you pick import, then generate chip ID and it would edit the chip ID from the imported data....but nope to use the generate chip ID feature you have to manually add the cartID, hopefully this can be added as it seems a bit pointless having a generate Chip ID if you still have to manually copy and paste the Unique cartID in first

So if I am using my own 4GB Header then what is the rest about next, from importing the header? The info seems to go in the boxes when I have injected my own header into the rom but whats the next point all about?

I Generate Chip ID and then it changes then Manufacture and Chip ID changes again and inject but whats it for?. Is it for security purposes for going online with a scene rom or what, what is its purpose?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the cartID you can use any cart ID from any game at all, its the ChipID that is the deciding factor on if the game accepts it or not, i would of imagine this program would let you import any complete heaer and then be able to generate the correct ChipID automatically, as it stand the generate chipID only works if you copy the CartID part in manually

so for example a normal header is
ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
12345600000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

the "ABABA....." part can be any valid AB from any game at all size/card type etc doesnt matter as long as that is correct, so to use this program you just need to copt the "ABAB....." part and paste it into the custom header part then press generate chipID

the chipID part is the "123456" this can be manually edited to match the rom you are injecting the cartID into which is all the generate chipID is doing

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
the cartID you can use any cart ID from any game at all, its the ChipID that is the deciding factor on if the game accepts it or not, i would of imagine this program would let you import any complete heaer and then be able to generate the correct ChipID automatically, as it stand the generate chipID only works if you copy the CartID part in manually

so for example a normal header is
ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB
12345600000FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

the "ABABA....." part can be any valid AB from any game at all size/card type etc doesnt matter as long as that is correct, so to use this program you just need to copt the "ABAB....." part and paste it into the custom header part then press generate chipID

the chipID part is the "123456" this can be manually edited to match the rom you are injecting the cartID into which is all the generate chipID is doing

So what your saying is if I am getting this rite, if I get a header from say Animal Crossing and inject it into Pokemon X I can then click on generate chip ID and then manufacture and click on inject with the app. and it will look like I am playing the original Animal crossing game online not Pokemon X. Am, I about rite there.
OK thanks but is any of that part necessary if you have your own personal header?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
OK thanks but is any of that part necessary if you have your own personal header?
i assume you are ok for manually editing if you have read the thread, and the fact you are using a 4GB header means its good for all card1 games without any editing, the only time you would have to edit it is to make it work with animal crossing/pokemon and even then its only 1 byte :P

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
i assume you are ok for manually editing if you have read the thread, and the fact you are using a 4GB header means its good for all car1 games without any editing, the only time you would have to edit it is to make it work with animal crossing/pokemon and even then its only 1 byte :P

Read what I wrote up above again bud, is that about rite in what I have said? So do I still have to run all that when I now want to inject the header or the same as its always been?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
which post
Read what I wrote up above again bud, is that about rite in what I have said? So do I still have to run all that when I now want to inject the header or the same as its always been?
it allows you to take the header from say a 512MB card 1 game and edits it to work on any other game say a 4GB card2 game.....your header will be a 4GB card 1 this will work for every game except animal crossing or pokemon, you would need to correct the ChipID to work in that case, which is what that part is for......for all other games just injecting what you have is good enough

Reactions: reece71079

Grodzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure how to use this tool. Could you please help me?

I try this in the following steps:

1. Loaded ROM (Mario Kart 7, personal dump)
2. Pressed Export
3. Loaded ROM (Animal Crossing, Scene Dump)
4. Imported Mario Kart 7's header
5. Pressed Generated chip ID
6. Pressed Inject
7. Rename the loaded rom to .3DZ

I did this, but it keeps saying that the card cannot be used online. Help?

By reading your steps, I assume you want to use your mario kart cartridge ID to play Animal crossing online right?
If so, the simpliest way is :
1) load mario kart rom (confirm that the IDs are present)
2) just copy the cart ID
3) load your animal crossing rom
4) paste your cart ID
5) press "generate" to create a chip id matching animal crossing rom
6) specify a manufacturer id
7) inject
8) rename your animal crossing extension .3dz and test it on your gateway

according to the read me file, the manufacturer id can't be predicted and you can't 100% know what manufacturer chip is the good one. if your dump can't go online with the rom you just created :
1) load again the animal crossing rom in Rom Patcher
2) change the manufacturer
3) inject
4) try if this rom can now connect

Macronix produces the majority of games, so their code got higher chances to work.

BTW a think someone already reported that he got animal crossing working online, the chip id to use was probably posted before in this thread

As said above, importing the mario kart bin over Animal crossing doesn't work, because you try to apply a cart 1 header onto a cart 2 rom. The best way is really just to copy your cartridge ID, and generate the chip id from scratch, once the new rom is loaded.

Twinuts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone know is this 0.4 Rom Patcher, Generate Chip ID/Inject bit needed for scene dumps? There does not seem to be much info on this app. Whats with the manufacture bit, San-Disc etc..?
manufacturer code is just a byte, the first one of the chip id. In the patcher v4 play with the values macronix/sandisk/etc. you'll see the value changing in chip id. It seems it must be set to the good value, or the game will be denied by online servers

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By reading your steps, I assume you want to use your mario kart cartridge ID to play Animal crossing online right?
If so, the simpliest way is :
1) load mario kart rom (confirm that the IDs are present)
2) just copy the cart ID
3) load your animal crossing rom
4) paste your cart ID
5) press "generate" to create a chip id matching animal crossing rom
6) specify a manufacturer id
7) inject
8) rename your animal crossing extension .3dz and test it on your gateway

according to the read me file, the manufacturer id can't be predicted and you can't 100% know what manufacturer chip is the good one. if your dump can't go online with the rom you just created :
1) load again the animal crossing rom in Rom Patcher
2) change the manufacturer
3) inject
4) try if this rom can now connect

Macronix produces the majority of games, so their code got higher chances to work.

BTW a think someone already reported that he got animal crossing working online, the chip id to use was probably posted before in this thread

As said above, importing the mario kart bin over Animal crossing doesn't work, because you try to apply a cart 1 header onto a cart 2 rom. The best way is really just to copy your cartridge ID, and generate the chip id from scratch, once the new rom is loaded.

Thanks! That did the trick!

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to patch the ROMs I had on my microSD card directly, without even needing to back them up. The MGS header has worked on every single game I've tried it on, with the exceptions of Pokemon and Animal Crossing. No copying, no extra effort. It's been great.

GrandPipe

Trophies
XP
Country
wow, your first post in like 7-8 years :o
you said you are using the same card id details, so, you are changing the pokemon header to be card1, from card2? and it does not work?

lol, yes, pro level lurking.

Yeah, changed to card 1. So basically take the working header from mario tennis that using the public unique id and then changing only that unique id to the pokemon Y one which i dumped from a retail card. I get an error. So i am starting to assume you cant use pokemon Y unless someone else can show me otherwise.

Reactions: cearp

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lol, yes, pro level lurking.

Yeah, changed to card 1. So basically take the working header from mario tennis that using the public unique id and then changing only that unique id to the pokemon Y one which i dumped from a retail card. I get an error. So i am starting to assume you cant use pokemon Y unless someone else can show me otherwise.
have you tried the pokemon Y gameID with any other games?
also just double check in a hex editor that the chipID is being edited correctly

Reactions: cearp

Saxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i got a question: if I edit correctly a header, am I able to use any header on any ROM? (regardless of the ROMs 1.Size 2.Card type and 3.Region)

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
May sound like a stupid question, but do I need to actually get the retail cart to do this scene dump thing?

to dump a game, you need a game, if so, you wouldn't need to do this stuff, you would just need to rename the rom to .3dz.

a scene dump is basically just the rom that the scene (special groups) have released on the internet, for those yes you need to do the header stuff :)

Reactions: Herobroski

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn