Hacking HOW to unlock a pin - code in DSi?

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, dont know if this is right section, pardon me, if not... (sorry, if it was posted before)

My friend bought DSi from another person and that guy left in DSi pin-code. It is huge problem to contact him, so my friend tries to unlock it, but with no chance...
The trick with battery unplugging resets all info in DS Lite /DS - doesnt work for DSi (it resets only clock etc)

Is there any way to format it or something else?

THX very much for any help

btw. I own DS Lite, so dont know how DSi works etc...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If the DSi's architecture is as similiar to the Wii one as it seems, the DSi's pin-code is probably stored into the NAND, which we currently have no means to examine or open in any way.

Your only option is to send it to Nintendo, I fear.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo added a pin code to the dsi? whan and why did they do this? I never saw such a thing when i had a ds and ds lite.

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know, it is wierd, but there IS, and I am surprised as well as you CHARTUBE12
biggrin.gif

I got DSL and NO PINS there
biggrin.gif

DO SOMEONE KNOW - HOW MANY DIGITS IT HAS?

EDIT: IT IS CALLED PARENTAL CONTROL...

Where to get MASTER CODE TO UNLOCK IT?
There is question to unlock, but if someone dont know it only way is the MASTER CODE...

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here's a magic trick: break it and send it to Ninty.

My 1st (launch) DSi, when I sent it in for L&R repairs, they transferred ALL the data.
The 2nd time (with the new DSi), when I sent it in for L&R repairs, they failed to transfer the Parental Controls... funny enough, the clock was also messed up with AM and PM when it was fine before.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I found this which is a "Wii Parental Control password reset tool", but some online help forums seem to recommend it for DSis as well.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, which it seems to be now like it might not, here is a rundown of what else you can do.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hm try to remove the battery and place it back again your dsi should reset!

Edit: Contact nintendo or refer to the dsi manual there you can find all info you will need!(the best thing you can do!)
Edit 2: I was right check the fucking manual and your problem is fixed!

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thaddius said:
I found this which is a "Wii Parental Control password reset tool", but some online help forums seem to recommend it for DSis as well.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: If that doesn't work, which it seems to be now like it might not, here is a rundown of what else you can do.

THX for the link for Wii... I hope it should be very helpful...
The second link is great too, I didnt find phone number to NINTENDO HELP LINE... THX - will report if it worked or not

QUOTE(Langin @ May 4 2010, 06:00 PM) Hm try to remove the battery and place it back again your dsi should reset!

Edit: Contact nintendo or refer to the dsi manual there you can find all info you will need!(the best thing you can do!)
Edit 2: I was right check the fucking manual and your problem is fixed!

REMOVING BATTERY RESETS ONLY TIME, NOT PARENTAL CONTROL - tested... btw. I mentioned this before (this trick work on DSL)
MY FRIEND HAS NO MANUAL, he bought it from "second hand" - another person...

btw. it is very difficult to CALL to UK or so, if you live in CZECH REPUBLIC and dont know the ENGLISH WELL... And the problem with DSi is not my, I got DSL
biggrin.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
according to the manual, you need to select "I forgot" on both the pin and the security question.

You then need to call up Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and give them the "inquiry number" They will then give you a master code to unlock your DSi's parental controls.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
according to the manual, you need to select "I forgot" on both the pin and the security question.

You then need to call up Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and give them the "inquiry number" They will then give you a master code to unlock your DSi's parental controls.

so much for parental controls. Kids are not stupid. If this all takes to remove them, P.Cs equal epic fail.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:

If that's the case then that Wii thing I gave might do the trick.

penthaler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thaddius said:

Hope that helps.

THADDIUS - THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH. My friend tested that wii pc password reset tool, and it WORKED ON DSi...
Your help was da best.

Thanks to all others too, for any endeavor to help me and my friend.

MODS you can LOCK IT HERE. THX

Geelad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thaddius said:

Hope that helps.

Tis was very very help full thnk you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-