Malaysia
Last edited by x3YukiLuix,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you sure emunand is useless? once you brick in sysnand... you need hardmod to fix it... this is the guide... and why ppl want to install emunand even they have sysnand
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-a-noobnands-guide-to-sysnand-and-emunand.410439/
Thats what i thought at first too, but tgen i realised that firm0 and firm1 write protection are on, meaning any way you could possibly brick would be restorable via a9lh. That's why they call it brick proof. There are only 2 ways to brick with a9lh, and that's updating a9lh and using somebody else's otp, or an mcu brick, which whether sysnand or emunand will nrick the console beyond a hardmod.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand is currently a waste of time and SD space because we have a9lh which is a persistent hack that runs before most everything else. Which means that you can restore a nand backup before the bricked system loads up. The only reason we used Emunand to begin with is to avoid breaking sysnand which used to require a hardmod to restore every time. AFAIK right now the only thing that a9lh can't restore from is a corrupt bootrom(somebody correct me on that since I'm sure I'm missing something), without the need for the space wasting Emunand partition.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what i thought at first too, but tgen i realised that firm0 and firm1 write protection are on, meaning any way you could possibly brick would be restorable via a9lh. That's why they call it brick proof. There are only 2 ways to brick with a9lh, and that's updating a9lh and using somebody else's otp, or an mcu brick, which whether sysnand or emunand will nrick the console beyond a hardmod.
Theoretically an MCU brick is avoidable by using a noscreeninit fork of A9LH and using a special payload to revert the firmware back to a previously not-bricked version, although there's no demand for such an app and therefore no supply.

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

x3YukiLuix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Be sure the check the dates of the threads as things are constantly changing and being outdated. You bumped a post from months ago. A9LH replaced EmuNAND.

because there is not much thread explain how those thing work on web... that's why i post the threads to confirm what i found is it right or wrong...

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Besides the slight necro bump, defending the concept of 'emuNAND' on gbatemp is akin to pissing into the wind. There's no point in even trying to convince these people that a whole extra layer of protection for the sacrifice of 1.8 gigs is a good idea.

MUH 1.8 gigabytes.

MUH updated sysNAND.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the slight necro bump, defending the concept of 'emuNAND' on gbatemp is akin to pissing into the wind. There's no point in even trying to convince these people that a whole extra layer of protection for the sacrifice of 1.8 gigs is a good idea.

MUH 1.8 gigabytes.

MUH updated sysNAND.
That's 1.8GB of redundancy not extra protection. If it makes you feel better then go right ahead and use an emunand, but it just isn't worth it imo.

Edit: it's worth pointing out that there's no reason to make fun of those who don't want to waste that space just because you do.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
That's 1.8GB of redundancy not extra protection. If it makes you feel better then go right ahead and use an emunand, but it just isn't worth it imo.

Edit: it's worth pointing out that there's no reason to make fun of those who don't want to waste that space just because you do.

Yeah i agree 100%, each to there own of course. I actually don't use emuNAND either and it certainly doesn't keep me awake at night knowing others may use it. However, I just feel the need to even up the discussions by pointing out that aside from losing a staggering 2% of your SD cards capacity over 64 gigabytes for example, there isn't actually any notable disadvantages to running an emuNAND, from there the OP can make their own decision :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol +1