How to repair the Screens on a DS Lite and the Hinge

I have made some videos detailing the replacement of both of the DS screens and the hinge if it becomes cracked. I noticed that Theives_like_US has put up a very detailed tutorial about dissassembling and reassembling the DS and this is not attempt to replace the work he has done as this is a replacement/ fixing tutorial and I just find that some people follow steps easier with a video to help them along.
So without any further delay, the video's.

--------------------------

Bottom Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Top Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Touch Screen

Part 1

Part 2

Hinge

Part 1

Part 2

This is the end of my tutorial and I know that it may be considered an advertisement but if you are looking for parts, dont hesitate to shop at Super Mod Chips for any parts you may need, especially if you are Australian.

Monti-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a question. You said if ribbon cable(from Upper or Bottom screen) attached not properly it will turn on on halve of second and turn off. I dont know what with mine... I attached both ribbons properly, when i turn it on - only Bottom screen flashes with white for a less thans second and it turns off. What does it mean? Is Upper screen should flash with white too?(Sorry for my English T_T)

Monti-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So if ever one screen werent atached properly or "faulty" as you say DS wont turn on? Or its problem in bottom screen too?

Saywhatjj4

Trophies
XP
Country
Very Good Review
yaynds.gif

Well Done

Monti-kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
QUOTE said:
So if ever one screen werent atached properly or "faulty" as you say DS wont turn on? Or its problem in bottom screen too?
Tried to change new top screen on old one(with red color problem) and Ds turned on... So it seems that both screens should be working to let DS turn on...

chong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool tutorials, thanks for posting them. Wish I had them back when my touch screen stopped responding due to cleaning it with Windex (which contains ammonia).

I took the easy way to fix it, though. Bought a new one from Wal-Mart, and switched the back panel (with serial number) between the old and new one. Returned the old one in place of the new one. FIXED.
smileipb2.png

D

Deleted-119707

thanks for the vids.
for the dsphat, i will be changing the touchscreen. will i have to peel of the adhesive rubber and put it on my new touch screen too like the lite or is it different?

Mages

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bothering you mate but you know the black segment right next to the right hinge? My hinge isn't broken its the black thing next to it. I believe its called the barrel or I may be wrong. Anyway is there anyway to replace it and not have to get through those steps? ATM my top lid wont stay shut and I was wondering if there could be permanent damage to the DS if I leave it like that.

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Wow, I wish I had this when I fucked up my DS. >.>;;

Damn top screen wire, kept screwing it up, also you make the L & R buttons look so easy to put back on! They kept pinging off for me.
frown.gif

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, was hoping you guys shipped international. My DS Lite has had the hinge crack for over a couple years, and the axis is loose. Was hoping to order from you guys. Does anyone know of another website that just as good?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Does this work with a DS Phat if you don't have a replacement screen and the screen needing replacing has this horrid ugly scratch blob with no explanation of how it got there (No possible way to do that on purpose, and it's not very possible on accident either) and can't calibrate?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If only I found this a couple of months ago >.< the screen on my ds broke somehow (still not sure how) I wanted to fix it, but didn't know how to nor wanted to cough up the money to get it repaired.
In the end I scraped the DS and my boy friend went out and bought me the Zelda edition of the DS Lite.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
If only I found this a couple of months ago >.< the screen on my ds broke somehow (still not sure how) I wanted to fix it, but didn't know how to nor wanted to cough up the money to get it repaired.
In the end I scraped the DS and my boy friend went out and bought me the Zelda edition of the DS Lite.
I wish someone would buy me a DS Lite. I need one. My DS's screen can't calibrate, it's got a big scratch in the middle that isn't even possible to physically make without maybe 20 minutes and a screwdriver..... And when the scratch happened noone knew how it got there and noone had a screwdriver so it must have been an accident, which isn't possible.

Which is why if you don't see me after January then you'll know that I don't yet have a DS Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-