OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I have a MAJOR issue. On R4 Wood, as most of you may know, you can change the background template theme thing through the start menu. Well, the problem I'm having is that I accidentally added a corrupt theme and I accidentally selected it, and now my R4 looks like its all glitched up. The normal person would say to change tit through the start menu, only problem: Everytime I press the Start button it freezes. So I figured the best way to fix this would be to un-install R4 Wood, the problem with that?: THERES NO TUTORIALS!! So I signed up for this forum and here I am freaking out and asking this question. Does ANYONE know how to un-install Wood, or better yet change the theme through the computer?? All help will be GREATLY appreciated. -Zain

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete __RPG and _DS_MENU.DAT.

You can change the theme through the computer by opeing up the __RPG folder and open up the "globalsettings.ini" file.

Code:
[system]
uiName = gbatemp
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 0
showHiddenFiles = 0
gbaSleepHack = 0
gbaAutoSave = 0
Animation = 1
cheats = 0
softreset = 1
dma = 1
sdsave = 1
scrollSpeed = fast
viewMode = internal

The "uiName = gbatemp" line is the one you will have to change. Just change "gbatemp" to another theme in you "UI" folder.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried deleting the theme from your MicroSD card?

If you need to, just delete the _RPG folder and the DSMENU.DAT or whatever the .DAT file is (I haven't looked at my MicroSD card's contents in a really long time). Once those are gone, you will have successfully deleted Wood. Alternatively, backup everything that isn't the Wood files, and do a full format with the Panasonic SD Formatter (Although, honestly, I always just use the basic Windows Formatter).

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
...or change the skin in globalsetings.ini
mellow.gif

ZanXBal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoboticBuddy said:
Delete __RPG and _DS_MENU.DAT.

You can change the theme through the computer by opeing up the __RPG folder and open up the "globalsettings.ini" file.

Code:
[system]
uiName = gbatemp
langDirectory = lang_en
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 0
showHiddenFiles = 0
gbaSleepHack = 0
gbaAutoSave = 0
Animation = 1
cheats = 0
softreset = 1
dma = 1
sdsave = 1
scrollSpeed = fast
viewMode = internal

The "uiName = gbatemp" line is the one you will have to change. Just change "gbatemp" to another theme in you "UI" folder.

OMFG!! ty soooooo much dude! Thats ALL I needed! Your a life-saver!!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s