How to put PSP games onto Adrenaline? (Without FTP/USB)

Apologies if this has been asked/answered before (please link me to it if it has!), but how do I put PSP games without using FTP or a USB connection, is there any way to just put it on the MicroSD card, or get the files from the internal onto the SD to put back afterwards? Sorry, I'm new to this console. I can use a FTP, but it would take a while compared to just sticking the card in, but I wasn't sure if I could.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apologies if this has been asked/answered before (please link me to it if it has!), but how do I put PSP games without using FTP or a USB connection, is there any way to just put it on the MicroSD card, or get the files from the internal onto the SD to put back afterwards? Sorry, I'm new to this console. I can use a FTP, but it would take a while compared to just sticking the card in, but I wasn't sure if I could.
@bingus ,if you don't want to use usb or ftp to transfer games,insert the sdcard into pc and put the games in pspemu/ISO folder for PSP games and pspemu/PSP/GAME for PS1 games.

BlNGUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bingus ,if you don't want to use usb or ftp to transfer games,insert the sdcard into pc and put the games in pspemu/ISO folder for PSP games and pspemu/PSP/GAME for PS1 games.
Do i have to make the folder myself? , when inserting the card there’s nothing on it (unless im missing sth).

BlNGUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ISO folder, I think, yes.
I have that folder already, but I think it’s on the internals on the vita w/ the Homebrew, is there a way to transfer it or did i install the homebrew incorrectly? (Incorrectly as in wrong location.) Because when I put the SD into my PC, nothing is on it, it’s completely empty.

BlNGUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable system and OS files in folder options

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And enable hidden files and folders.
Just tried that but it’s only showing usual SD stuff, tried turning on the Vita w/o the SD and it’s all there, I think it’s all on it internally.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty easy. @NeoGranzon can help with storage manager. I don't use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was going to suggest the vita guide, but now they use yamt: https://vita.hacks.guide/yamt

I used the one by Aurora Wright, which doesn't have a menu in system settings. it's a fork. that one automatically enables ux0 for the micro sd by default, then uma with a memory card (if there is one). that's all most people need. I thought storage manager would be on there, because some people have trouble installing yamt. I have it installed on both vita and pstv (same version).

Reactions: NeoGranzon

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@bingus ,do you have Adrenalina emulator installed and sd2vita? To configure the sdcard install Autoplugin2, go to sd2vita and set it like this and after reboot.
WML243d.jpg
IoribP3.jpg

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
storage manager might do you better op, because of the issues some have with yamt. I never personally had a problem with it, but I think @NeoGranzon did. it semi-bricked his system. he managed to fix it, but it was probably a pita to do so.
@godreborn ,It's true i bricked my PS Vita Slim 3.65 Henkaku Enso when i tried to install Yamt,but i restored it in half an hour and now it works fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NeoGranzon , did you use yamt by skgleba or Aurora Wright? I'm using the latter, because skgleba has made some brickers in the past, so I didn't trust it. however, the vita guide uses his. the only difference that I've seen is that Aurora Wright's is automatic (doesn't have a menu in system settings). it says on its github that it automatically adds the sony memory card as uma (if it detects one), and the sd2vita is ux0. I don't think it can be changed, but that's generally the standard way most people have theirs setup.

Reactions: BlNGUS

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@NeoGranzon , did you use yamt by skgleba or Aurora Wright? I'm using the latter, because skgleba has made some brickers in the past, so I didn't trust it. however, the vita guide uses his. the only difference that I've seen is that Aurora Wright's is automatic (doesn't have a menu in system settings). it says on its github that it automatically adds the sony memory card as uma (if it detects one), and the sd2vita is ux0. I don't think it can be changed, but that's generally the standard way most people have theirs setup.

@godreborn ,i downloaded and installed Yamt from Gitub,but i must have messed up because i eminated the storagemgr.suprx plugins and when i restarted the PS Vita it got stuck in the Enso screen and I had to format everything except sdcard inserted in sd2vita.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@godreborn ,i downloaded and installed Yamt from Gitub,but i must have messed up because i eminated the storagemgr.suprx plugins and when i restarted the PS Vita it got stuck in the Enso screen and I had to format everything except sdcard inserted in sd2vita.

the storage manager skprx may have been what was causing the problem. I don't recall when I deleted whatever it was that I was using, but there's no sd2vita plugin in config.txt. there shouldn't be with yamt lite by Aurora Wright (possibly the skgleba version as well).

upload_2021-5-10_7-19-57.png

it's in boot_config.txt:

upload_2021-5-10_7-20-28.png

BlNGUS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bingus ,do you have Adrenalina emulator installed and sd2vita? To configure the sdcard install Autoplugin2, go to sd2vita and set it like this and after reboot.
WML243d.jpg
IoribP3.jpg
I ordered a SD2Vita yesterday! Didn’t realize how necessary it was, I think I was a bit too over eager to do this and got carried away... ^^;; , but thank you so much! as soon as it comes in I’ll do that ^__^

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the storage manager skprx may have been what was causing the problem. I don't recall when I deleted whatever it was that I was using, but there's no sd2vita plugin in config.txt. there shouldn't be with yamt lite by Aurora Wright (possibly the skgleba version as well).

View attachment 262346

it's in boot_config.txt:

View attachment 262347
@godreborn ,now i downloaded and installed yamt via autoplugin2(available after the last update)without deleting anything from ur0:tai and it seems to work fine.
I ordered a SD2Vita yesterday! Didn’t realize how necessary it was, I think I was a bit too over eager to do this and got carried away... ^^;; , but thank you so much! as soon as it comes in I’ll do that ^__^
@bingus ,i recommend a 256gb or 512gb sdcard(Samsung or Sandisk),if you have a lot of games to put inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...