How to play NGC backups on the Wii

From burnt dvd's

Requirements
-a gamecube controller
-a gamecube memory card (not required to play but to save)
-a modded wii(at least with hbc)
if your wii isn't modded i recommend using modmii:Modmii thread
-a backup loader (for beginners i recommend neogamma, an all in one simple solution)
ps:you need SNEED OR UNEEK + DI to load gc games from usb but the compatibility is awful and it has many issues i recommend getting a WODE modship if you have a new wii
obtaining the required tools
the pack contains
cMIOSWiiGator: to install the cMIOS
the required MIOS
NeoGammaR9beta47 to load the backups
IMGburn: to burn your backups
and a little text file
Download

Installing the MIOS

plug your sd card to the pc
put the RVL-mios-v10.wad that you will find inside the 10 dolder inside 0000000100000101 and put it on the root of your sd card
copy the cMIOSWiiGator folder to the apps folder of your SD card. Run this in the homebrew channel, don't for get to use IOS249 to do the installing. Select YES for both of the settings before installing.

congratulations now you have the required cMIOS installed!

installing neogamma
neogamma can be installed pretty much like any other app
copy the contents of the neogamma r9 beta 47 to the root of the sd card(if you have other apps on the hbc don't copy the apps folder just move the neogamma folder inside it to the app folder on the sd card)
now let's check the options
Select options, then select General Options.
Set the Save Config to YES, then select Return to Menu
Select GC Options, Set the GC Mode to Internal
Set the Force Video to Disc.
Return to the Main Menu of NeoGamma and Launch Game.
If your games fails to launch, you need to change some of the options.
leave the GC mode set to internal, try adjusting the rebooter first, then try the High plugin or debug. If you have color issues then change the Patch Video.
also check the compatibily list

Finally: burning gamecube disks
remember that setup in the tools folder you downloaded
it's time to use it
imgburn is pretty much the best image/iso burning tool avaible, ypu can use it for other consoles such as wii/ps2 games
ps: stick to DVD - R also if you use DVD + R set neogamma's hooktype to DVD ROM
now let's get started burning the game
- install IMGburn
- open imgburn
- select write image file to disc

- select the burning speed,4X is recommended

- select "verify burn" and click burn

- now burn your disc
ps:while your disc is burning do not multitask, make sure the screen saver/scanner isn't working
leave the mouse/keyboard alone because burning is very delicate
congratulations now you burned your gc game!

open the game with neogamma

enjoy!

Off a USB HDD/Thumb drive

Requirements:
A USB storage device
A modded wii
Dios Mios Booter: http://dios-mios-booter.googlecode.com/files/DML_booter_SVN_r30_HBC_Pack.7z
Dios Mios: http://rapidgator.net/file/29763807/DIOSMIOS_2.2.wad.html
Multi mod manager (comes with modmii)

First you need to have the primary active partition of the device formatted as fat32 with cluster size of 32kilobytes.
You must put you games on a folder called ''games'' on the root of your usb storage device, the games must be in this format:
A folder that has the game's name, with the iso inside named Game.iso.

Put your dios mios 2.2 wad file in a folder called wad on the root of your sd card and then install it with multi mod manager (wad manager).

You must put your gc games on a folder called games on the root of the usb storage device.
now boot your dios mios booter and enable fullscreen, NMM(so you don't have to use a memory card) and no disk.
Boot your game and enjoy!

Saoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wait a minute, I'm confused now. Shouldn't you have put in the requirements a pre-2010 wii? because of the D3-2 drives in the new white and black wiis? or did I miss something and now its possible to play backups on all Wiis?

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Saoron said:
wait a minute, I'm confused now. Shouldn't you have put in the requirements a pre-2010 wii? because of the D3-2 drives in the new white and black wiis? or did I miss something and now its possible to play backups on all Wiis?
i mentioned in the requirements i said if you have a new wii you need to use SNEEK/UNEEK +DI yo use usb loading but i don't cover it in this guide

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guide is out of date. ( neogamma, Cios d2x , Mios )
Also the patching process of fstfix ( 32k alignement )and Multiiso is'nt included. ( for games like Baten Kaitos, etc ).
And games aren't burnt on CD's but, on DVD's.
Pack is not needed, everyting comes with Modmii ( and will be up to date )

Nice guide but not complete.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed the MIOS, will you be able to play Commercial Games?

jalaneme said:
mrpinkeye said:
why is it so hard to emulate the games without the need to burn to discs?

who knows it just seems gamecube games can't be read from a hard drive, it's such a shame really.

I think because if the Wii boots up in Gamecube Mode, the USB will be cut off/disabled.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, I have a great idea! Why won't you just get an SD-GECKO and forget about all that needless preparation, cutting the process down to "Downloading SDLoad or SWISS"?

It's roughtly 500000% easier, and an SD-Gecko costs roughly $5. Actually, you can even MAKE one yourself out of a spare memory card and an SD card reader. It's REALLY not rocket science.

sam6555

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I am trying this out so I can play GC games on my wii (obviously)

I got to the 'Installing the MIOS' step and I put both the files it says on my SD card, but when I put it on my wii I couldn't think of how I installed wad files or anything. >< I only modded my wii like a week or so ago. I tried going into the HBC which is where I think I went last time, but the only thing remotey close to what I want is 'Launch BootMii' and when I click on this the screen goes black, the disc slot pulses blue and my wiimote wont connect to the wii.

Any help?
happy.gif

venom99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error: DVDErr(1208), Disc ID -------> Do you have a drive connected?
There is a possibility that it is a burn error, but I wanted to be sure before I burned another disc.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error: DVDErr(1208), Disc ID -------> Do you have a drive connected?
There is a possibility that it is a burn error, but I wanted to be sure before I burned another disc.
First off your bumping a very old/outdated guide.

Click the first link in my signature for most up to date gamecube loading on Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill