Misc How to play DS Download Station game roms

comokepa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How does one play roms of games that one downloaded into a DS via WiFi when near a DS Download Station, such as the game “PokéPark: Fishing Rally DS” (if that ever was captured into a rom file which I do not know) or the Nintendo DS tech demos presented at E3 2005 (which where)?

Is there, say, a way to turn them into traditional game roms? Or a Wii homebrew program to turn a Wii into a DS Download Station?

Reactions: Milozaki

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It has been a while since I played with the specifics here.

Most will encounter these in the form of DS download station vol ?. These ran on a DS and sent the data (usually one of five or so demos) to any other DS that asked over download play. Most people fiddling with it tended to want to inject other ROMs/pieces of homebrew into it ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-downloading-station-hacked.93119/ ) which could be done but as they were typically not signed then only the people with a flashme modified DS could benefit from it and if you had flashme you probably did not need that. However this was easy enough as the files themselves were just .srl files which are basically .nds files, whether they work directly with your given cart/emulator remains is a different matter but it is worth a go. If not then try unpacking them with ndstool and repacking it afterwards -- not working is more likely a header issue or something and that will rebuild it all. Not sure what happened in the end for the E3 demo stuff.

Some people mentioned some stuff for the Wii, however I did not follow that side of things.

UL152000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to have 2 DS consoles, one with the kiosk running in it and the other connecting to the kiosk via Download Connection.

comokepa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try unpacking them with ndstool and repacking it afterwards -- not working is more likely a header issue or something and that will rebuild it all.
If that can be done I assume they have already been extracted and made available as standard nds roms at the usual rom sites. Is that so?

Last edited by comokepa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Flame @ Flame: Never fight uphill, me boys.