codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huzzah, my Gateway 3DS arrived tonight!

Got the 2.1 omega on it currently, and have been able to at least backup the system nand, create the emunand, and currently doing the system transfer as I type this.

It did move what few DSiWare titles I did buy onto the SD card of my old 3DS, that much I know.

So, questions.
  • Uh, how do I actually get the roms to load at all? I did try using that Win32 image writer app mentioned in the tut video from gateway-3ds on a smaller microSD I had, but it still won't show up.
  • The old 3DS has a bigger SD card that I wanted to use in the XL that I will be using the gateway on... so with that said, what do I gotta do in order to make it so that everything I got legally will show up on the 3DS XL (real mode or emunand mode) ?
  • Finally, how do I multi-ROM? as of yet, I've not found any video to discuss that, and the readme's provided with the download don't explain that.
:unsure:

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need win32 image writer anymore with Omega 2.1.

Just format your micro SD card to FAT32 or exFAT (recommended) then just copy your .3DS roms right to the root of the card. Copy as many as you want and can fit. After you've started gateway mode, press select on the 3DS to get the menu to pick your game.

If you have any games over 4GB you have to use exFAT or else split them with a tool included with the Omega package you should have downloaded from the official site. But exFAT is said to be faster and thus recommended.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair 'nuff. I guess now the quandary is how to get the stuff that I downloaded/bought legit over. In particular the few pieces of DSiWare.

After that, I should be good to go.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair 'nuff. I guess now the quandary is how to get the stuff that I downloaded/bought legit over. In particular the few pieces of DSiWare.

After that, I should be good to go.

You will have to go back into E-Shop on Emunand 7.1.0 and download them again via your Nintendo log in details. You cannot transfer them onto your GW SD card from your old one because it will be now formatted to Gateway Emunand and I don't think they will work also you will lose all your saved progress from your E-Shop games. You will have to play them again.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You will have to go back into E-Shop on Emunand 7.1.0 and download them again via your Nintendo log in details. You cannot transfer them onto your GW SD card from your old one because it will be now formatted to Gateway Emunand and I don't think they will work also you will lose all your saved progress from your E-Shop games. You will have to play them again.
The games should still work on the EmuNAND since it's an exact copy of the regular NAND.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I want to switch to a larger SD card... what do I do? Would copying the files over be enough? I just hope that I don't have to like, re-activate my account and attempt yet another system transfer. :ph34r:

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks to hear that the DSiWare doesn't work. :( I suppose I should be glad it's only been just freebie stuff I'd earned thus far.

That said, I want to give the XL a bigger SD card... but would that mess with my emuNAND? Would I be able to just copy-pasta the files from the 4gig it came with that I'd since set up for the emunand and such? or is there something more involved?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)