How to make windows 95/98 games full screen on windows xp?

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

_FN10_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres what happens, oh and sim city 2000 works because its a window based game, and you can see theme hospital also does it.
Maybe an old version of GZDoom would be better for you (I think CrispyDoom supports XP as well). The last versions of GZDoom that ran on Windows XP (4-1-2b or older) are here :-

https://zdoom.org/files/gzdoom/bin/
i dont just care about doom, im talking about most windows 95 games in virtual box.
Post automatically merged:

Here is what happens with doom and theme hospital. Simcity2000 works because it is a windowed game.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Heres what happens, oh and sim city 2000 works because its a window based game, and you can see theme hospital also does it.

i dont just care about doom, im talking about most windows 95 games in virtual box.
Post automatically merged:

Here is what happens with doom and theme hospital. Simcity2000 works because it is a windowed game.
Ok. Now I understand. Sorry I can't help.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install guest additions?

612fk.jpg

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i updated the res in the game, but it tucks it self in the corner, and theme hospital doesnt even show up at all!

In the view menu there are scaling settings. I used those myself just now and got Doom95 to go almost full screen with a resolution scaling of 175% once it started running. Doom95 won't go above 640x480 anyway. The only other thing I did was to disable visual themes in the compatibility section of doom95's properties.

Last edited by ILuvGames,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7