Hacking ** How To Make Any HDD Compatible With USB Loader For Dummies **

caeric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jota ka said:
...strange thing is that there are times that usb loader doesn't recognizes the 120 GB HDD.
Either re-starting the console, nor unplugging and replugging the drive works.
Most of the times it immediately recognizes it from the very beginning.
And there few times that even not recognizing the HDD, unplug and replug solves the issue.
This never happens with the 40GB drive.

Does anyone have some clue...?

After having tried many of these options - Here's what I did:

I bought a Seagate 500 gig HD from Wally World
Downloaded Configurable USB Loader
On my PC, shrunk the partition to 250 gig (as I wanted to backup some PC Stuff)
Formatted the PC partition, but did not format the other partition (labelled as my W drive)

Found and downloaded "WBFS Manager 3.0" CODE http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147839
Updated it, and jacked in my drive.
Formatted my W Drive as WBFS, and loaded my backup ISO's from my HD to my W Drive.

Went to my wii, and jacked in the drive.
Loaded Configurable USB Loader, and it asked if I wanted to mount WBFS drive, and I did.

BINGO!!!!

The VERY cool thing about this program is now I don't have to worry about the right programs to rip my own backups, as it will automatically rip it to my drive, so I can extract it and back it up myself!!! (Nifty as well is it actually uses the game size as not all Wii games are created equal and you may be shocked on how little of the DVD your game actually take up).

I do not condone using this for purposes other than your own legitimate uses, but if you're rough on your games, or have wee ones :-) this is an EXCELLENT way to have some peace of mind.

C -
gbasp.gif

If you have attempted my setup and have questions, don't hesitate to ask. I don't profess to know much, but I do know how to search this forum, and can generally find you an answer ;-). Good luck and enjoy!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is my first post...hope i included all relavent information. usually when i have an issue/question i can find my answer in the forums without having to post, but this one is different...

i'm having an issue with my HDD and wondering if it's anything anyone has seen before. at first i thought it was a spindown thing, but now i'm thinking otherwise. it seems that if the drive is on too long (~1-3 hours), it'll start frantically seeking when idle. when it happens, i can audibly hear it and the system freezes the next time it would try accessing data from the drive requiring a five second hold of the power button to shut the system down. because the drive can be 'heard' seeking, i don't think it's spin-down and i know when it'll freeze before it happens.... it noise can begin while playing any game, sitting on the loader menu, or even the system menu after which the system will crash once data access is attempted. it can happen immediately after accessing data, or it'll be fine for a long period without accessing data--seems completely random. can it be spin-down related if the drive is making noise?

for example though...on WSResort, i can play through ~30-40 holes of golf before it happens. it only takes a few minutes at most between holes and the drive accesses data between holes, so it shouldn't be a spindown issue. after hearing the frantic seeking, i can finish the hole i'm playing, but know i'll have to power down the system once i finish the hole. once i can hear the drive behaving that way, there's nothing i can do to get it back without powering down. i do think it's a HDD issue and not so much a system issue, but i'm at a loss as to how to fix it. any suggestions (other than going back to discs)?

my system:
softmod NTSC running 4.1U
HBC (1.0.6 i think--a version that flips with cIOSCORP)
cIOSCORP v3.2 (except for IOS30 to keep HBC from flipping)
cIOS v15 (also behaved the same for v14)
cIOS222 v4
several preloader hacks enabled (those for back-up disk channel loading)
booting directly to USBloader GX (behaved the same on all versions of GX and i update fairly frequently)
no system menu themes
WD Passport 320GB formatted entirely to WBFS (HDD purchased from WD's refurb site: significant?)
games loaded with WBFS Manager 3.0

tomhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Code:
WBFS_win.exex e init

could not open drive: No error

I have a Samsung S2 Portable 500GB!!

unsure.gif
Why doesn't works?!?

Anyone Can I help me?

Rolph91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OncleJulien said:
Rolph91 said:
Just one quick question!

Does this works with an Internal HDD Seagate with an enclouser?
in my experience, its] depends more on the enclosure than the drive. easiest way to find out? try.

But the software from Seagate will work on my HDD?... Im gonna try but in the page it seems that is only for external HDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up