Status
Not open for further replies.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So this version did not report about hostednetwork not supported earlier?

Today it's doing it everytime. I thought it had worked yesterday because it changed the MAC of my Intel card back to the hardware one (before using your script, I was using MACycle which failed to restore the hardware MAC, so my Intel card kept the new MAC until I used your script), and I remember running the script without getting the "not supported" message, but that may have been when I got the other error I showed you in one of the pictures.

What I'm sure of is, since the moment it changed the Intel card's MAC back to the hardware mac, it's always given me an error.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just update nzone.vbs andt try to start with the new one. If still the same error, please send me oufput for wmic nic once again.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I can see the differences in the first octet of MAC addres of a hosted network interface, check it please!

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This time, while the hosted network was disabled, I didn't get the "not supported" error. I got the other error I showed you in a pic, and the nzone task stayed disabled.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, it can work with limitations.
Did you find a difference between physical interface MAC and virtual one in the nics.txt? Set up a manual hosted network and once more compare MAC of shown with netsh wlan show hostednetwork with the mac from nics.txt.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
netsh wlan show hostednetwork show me the same mac as the nics.txt for the hosted network adapter, the one that starts with 6A. Which is different from the MAC of the Intel card, which starts by 68. The one starting by 6A (hosted network adapter) is the one detected by my android phone.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Checked carefully with my system, yes Windows 7 stil just can set only a locally administered unicast MAC. That practically limits us to use only a base addresses because user MACs in lists as a rule do not have a locally administered bit set. There is only a small difference how Intel and Broadcom drivers treats not locally administered MAC requested: broadcom uses the real hardware MAC instead of failed MAC, while Intel drivers just masks a bit, that is why my script can't initially detect the right interface to change the MAC. The first time you ran my script successfully was with a properly configured custom MAC left from MACCycle or whatever you previosly used. Well, I'll find a workaround for the detectin, but as for the MAC, only BASE macs will be usable, even if I mask the custom list macs one won't be able to streetpass from a Windows PC with someone's public hardware MAC. I believe this limitation affects any windows MAC changing software.

As a quick-fix you can change your mac in registry
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\NetworkAddress
wish a locally administrated one ex. 020000000000, then disable/enable wireless interface and start script as usual but only with BASE16 or BASE256 list

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As a quick-fix you can change your mac in registry
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000\NetworkAddress
wish a locally administrated one ex. 020000000000, then disable/enable wireless interface and start script as usual but only with BASE16 or BASE256 list

That didn't change anything :/

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Strange, MAC of the wireless should be changed to 02:00:00:00:00:00 and this is a valid MAC. Just check with wmic nic which mac is on a wireless and hosted interfaces now. Anyway I'll make a complete work around in the script in several days. Stay tuned.

Upd: It was't too hard to fix, the updated script only sets the safe MACs and have an interface detection workaround. Try it please

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Strange, MAC of the wireless should be changed to 02:00:00:00:00:00 and this is a valid MAC. Just check with wmic nic which mac is on a wireless and hosted interfaces now. Anyway I'll make a complete work around in the script in several days. Stay tuned.

Upd: It was't too hard to fix, the updated script only sets the safe MACs and have an interface detection workaround. Try it please

I still get this error which prevents the script from running: http://i.imgur.com/StAAtBs.png

inb4tehlulz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I was wondering if there are any methods for ATT U-Verse Router?
I have a u-verse router, it's pretty limited in what you can do. You can however buy a used router capable of DD-WRT for about 10-15 dollars. I picked up a used linksys that does DD-WRT Mini build for 11 dollars. Be careful to make sure the exact model of router you get isn't micro only though (I have a Linksys 54g that is a later model and only does micro... grr) or you'll have to manually change the Mac Address as the script someone provides here to cycle doesn't work on micro.

Remiscan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oops, my fault, there was a typo. Please update and check once again

It seems to be working! The MAC changes every one or two minutes, according to both cmd and my android phone, and... I'm getting streetpasses! So I guess that's a success?

Well, I thank you very much for this script! :D

Small question: is there a way to change the delay between two MAC changes?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Small question: is there a way to change the delay between two MAC changes?
Mac change delay is calculated inside the script to change all macs within 8 hour street pass delay in equal intervals. So since there is no sense choosing custom user mac lists, you can choose from base16 and base256 to get approximafely 2 and 30 minutes delays. Or you can just modify the scheduled task delay. I'll think about adding base64 and base128 lists for that case as long as a filtered safe macs which is very rare in the custom lists.
I also need to check if alternative windows Mac change methods is even possible to set the unsafe macs.
Upd: Yes, macshift based methods using absolutely the same method of MAC changing so the're not any way better. I didn't check if they aware of the safe MACs at all but macshift is doing the same, just alter the registry key as my script does. I'll update my guide tomorrow and ask to update the head message.
Upd2: Altered the server side, now Windows clients will get only safe MACs, so ANY available list can be used, not only BASE. Though there are no safe macs in the region 49 list and only a several in GBATEMP list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk