• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFiggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
has anyone else been having trouble with homepassing in the last few days? Seems like since the recent update I haven't been able to get a single hit, no matter what Mac address I clone to. I haven't changed anything else on the wifi repeater I've been using all along, and it still shows up under my connections tab.
I noticed that after the update is taking a little bit more time to get the hits but it works after some minutes. Make sure you have a working internet connection by opening nintendo zone and checking any website within NZ

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that after the update is taking a little bit more time to get the hits but it works after some minutes. Make sure you have a working internet connection by opening nintendo zone and checking any website within NZ

not 5 minutes after I posted I finally started getting hits again. But it did seem to take a bit longer than it used to. And I had checked to see if I had a working internet, and it was.

MrFiggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not 5 minutes after I posted I finally started getting hits again. But it did seem to take a bit longer than it used to. And I had checked to see if I had a working internet, and it was.

yes, I noticed the same, it takes longer to get the hits after the update.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Since my usb-wifi was giving my Windows 7 BSOD and BSOD and BSOD, I decided to test my currently working wireless router for street passing (was planning to get another router as a main router if it works). It is a TP-LINK TP-WR841N, upgraded to DD-WRT 2013 22118. Seems good so far. :D

I streetpassed twice, on the main 46 and 48.
For the few days I was using the USB, the people I got from the primes are very repetitive. But the people I got just now are totally new.
So I am thinking maybe either
1. Those people all got bored and stopped streetpassing, or
2. Though I thought I was using the main MAC, maybe I am not actually using it because of using the Atheros driver with the usb or the Win7 mac restriction, and I was streetpassing with the few people that also use USB on Win7 who thought they are using the main MAC...

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I tried the DD-WRT command mentioned on first page, and it gives me
"/bin/sh: eval: line 1: /tmp/nzone.sh: not found"

My setup is
Internet -> Normal Router A (192.168.0.1) -> DD-WRT Router B (192.168.0.2) (connected to LAN port) - PC
In config page of B, I set the LAN gateway to A's ip, same result.
Not sure what I should set local DNS to, tried 8.8.8.8, same result.

:(

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there anyone with working Windows7 homepass config and wanted to test/debug my VBS (WSH) script working the same as my DD-WRT/Linux scripts?

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If any of you supposedly streetpass on the main prime MACs, and sometimes get the following Miis:
William, Lil Miss, Crosscade, Olrik, krU, Vic, Doing, Owen, Meka, Rhjs, Maggots...etc

Can you please tell me the actual changed wireless MAC address after the change?
(I guess it's probably sth like XX53504F4F46, where the XX is not 4E.)
I switched from USB to router, but I didn't note down the XX that the USB is restricted to use.
So now I can't street pass the people I street passed with USB before.

Edit: I found it, it is 6E

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So besides the main prime mac set of 4E, there are also at least 02, 40 and 6E
e.g.
4E53504F4F46
0253504F4F46
4053504F4F46
6E53504F4F46

6E is good when you want to have some high level mii for Find Mii and Monster Manor because the population using 6E is lower.

I hope someone can add 40 and 6E to the Google doc, besides 02

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
Utility_2933.zip, which is required by the Windows XP installation, is not available from the resources provided, and nobody has mentioned this issue in 126 pages according to your search function.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Reactions: GreenBanana
D

Deleted User

I can't seem to understand automated MAC changing for routers. i believe the one stated here doesn't work for DDWRT routers? I just copy pasted the command thingo from the link to the DDWRT command tab but it doesn't do anything/takes forever that i think it's not working. Does it work? Is there an alternate or something?

Wisenheimer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found about Homepass a few days and have been attempting to get the relay to work on my Win7 laptop. I am using the wired connection in tandem with an internal wireless card. I mainly followed the steps laid out by DarkKnigh_t on page 116 and have been successful in connecting my 3DS to the virtual wifi miniport, attwifi, the only connection in the 3DS settings. The 3DS is able to browse on the browser, see online friends, download updates, and shows Nintendo Zone is available when it is open, the issue I run into is that when closed in sleep mode.

When is sleep mode it will not periodically check the relay I have setup for streetpasses. I can open the 3DS and it will automatically connect back to the relay network and have full connectivity, even after changing mac address with MACPass/MACycle/manually. I have even verified the mac address properly changing via ipconfig. So it seems as though everything is working correctly except for my 3DS checking the relay for streetpasses while in sleep mode. I have left the network running overnight on a single address as well as with MACycle or MACPass changing addresses at 15-20 minute intervals.

I have recieved some streetpass from the offical relays much as McDonald's and other locations but have yet to get any from Homepass. As stated above I believe this may be because the 3DS doesn't connect to the Homepass relay while in sleep mode no matter how long it sits. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I noticed that once I set it up to connect to my home network AP, it would often not connect to the Nintendo Zone and exchange streetpasses. By powering it off and turning it back on between streetpasses, I was able to get it to work. Deleting the home-router information also works.

I think the 3DS has some software issue where, once it downloads a street pass, it will not usually connect to a Nintendo zone access point again and exchange streetpass data unless it is turned off or sometimes, it will, but it takes much longer than usual.

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed the instructions to set-up homepass on my laptop, and my 3DS was able to connect to the internet through the attwifi network (I later removed it from the 3DS's internet connection though). However, I have yet to get any streetpass tags despite cycling through the prime MACs. A check on IPCONFIG shows that the MACpass program is changing the MAC of my actual wifi adapter instead of "attwifi". (MACycle can't change the macs at all)

I am also unable to connect to the Nintendo Zone, giving me an error code despite saying it has detected a Nintendo Zone. May I know if there is any way for me to check if my homepass has been setup correctly?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've followed the instructions to set-up homepass on my laptop, and my 3DS was able to connect to the internet through the attwifi network (I later removed it from the 3DS's internet connection though). However, I have yet to get any streetpass tags despite cycling through the prime MACs. A check on IPCONFIG shows that the MACpass program is changing the MAC of my actual wifi adapter instead of "attwifi". (MACycle can't change the macs at all)

I am also unable to connect to the Nintendo Zone, giving me an error code despite saying it has detected a Nintendo Zone. May I know if there is any way for me to check if my homepass has been setup correctly?
you wont be able to use nint zone it just pops out so leave it :) try changing your mac address with macshift manually that is. if i remember correctly some cyclers need to be configured and changed which port your wifi adapter is.

abitjaded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using macshift to manually change attwifi's MAC, but it just wouldn't change at all when I checked it with ipconfig. I tried connecting my laptop through Ethernet to access the net, but it still wouldn't work. Is my Intel network card the problem?

My Nexus 4 cannot work as a relay point either (sigh). At my wit's end here! :(

you wont be able to use nint zone it just pops out so leave it :) try changing your mac address with macshift manually that is. if i remember correctly some cyclers need to be configured and changed which port your wifi adapter is.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I can't seem to understand automated MAC changing for routers. i believe the one stated here doesn't work for DDWRT routers? I just copy pasted the command thingo from the link to the DDWRT command tab but it doesn't do anything/takes forever that i think it's not working. Does it work? Is there an alternate or something?

Yes, it works for dozens of people. Please read the FAQ in the post you mentioned and PM me if you want to solve a problem with your router

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've tried using macshift to manually change attwifi's MAC, but it just wouldn't change at all when I checked it with ipconfig. I tried connecting my laptop through Ethernet to access the net, but it still wouldn't work. Is my Intel network card the problem?

My Nexus 4 cannot work as a relay point either (sigh). At my wit's end here! :(
first of all remember you should have 3 connections first is your Ethernet which has internet. second it your wifi device which you have to rename to "Wi-Fi" and the third one is attwifi. attwifi shares the Ethernet's internet connection. when changing the mac address your changing the address of the Wi-Fi one not the attwifi one. when you change the mac of your Wi-Fi connection it changes the address of the attwifi automatically because attwifi is just a virtual network that was made using the real Wi-Fi network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: My original one +1