Status
Not open for further replies.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the rant. Haven't slept much in the last few days.

Just so peaved that a few people are ruining the colored-shirt MACs for everyone else.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem on the rant, but it's not just the Japanese. There's a douche from Spain, 2 from Colorado (pretty sure they're the same person, too), one from Canada, and one I hit yesterday from Korea.

I know they're just letting the macs cycle in sequence, but even if you stop getting tags, you still are sending your Mii to the relay. (I tested this with my own systems and a fake MAC.) I personally go random and try not to hit the shirt color macs (except black, since, hey, that's the shirt color of the unit I have Warrior's Way on).

As for the specific shirt colors, why not set up another small series? Something like the Personal MACs, but for just that shirt color.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just noticed that on the notifications screen where it shows that you got say 6/10 mii thatif you click it, it'll show _some_ details for each one.

so for the 6 / 10 I just got, on the notifications screen, if I touch the lower touch-screen (don't touch the "launch", but the game-icon) ... it opens light a sliding folder/sub-window to show ...

.... start of touch-screen description ...

STREETPASS MII PLAZA ............. 6/10

(pic representing the game) "You've got company!"
1/22 17:47 (delete button)

(pic representing the game) "(random jap letters)!"

(big pink "deactivate StreetPass for this title" button)
(gray "close" button) (gray "launch software" button)

.... end of of touch-screen description ...

and if I click the "delete" button under one specific one, it will delete ONLY that mii.

PROBLEM IS

...that you can't tell what mii you're deleting, other than maybe what language its home-3ds is set to ...
so if
their 3ds is in english, it says "you've got company", (english text/font)
but if
their 3ds is set to japanese language display, then the message is "@#$%@#" (asian-style text/font).
or maybe
if their 3ds is set to french, you'd see "vous avec comrade" (can't remember french word for "friend/company", but it probably has at least one "e" with an accent over it, like "^" )

UP SIDE
- is that you can delete foreign, non-english mii

DOWN SIDE
- is that you can't tell good mii from bad mii (i.e. blue-shirts in the white-mac, etc)
- you can't identify a foreign mii if its 3ds was set to display english font/text

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yea that spanish guy with the beard i get him in bravely default all the time and that American with the purple mii with bland and cat ears jesus all the time just them -.-

MrFiggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone!! First of all I want to thank you guys for these awesome guides. I've got mine running on a raspberry PI (Spillpass-PI). I have been wondering what's the street pass limit, I mean how many Miis I can get every time I go to the mii plaza. Is it 10? I've seen some comments about it, but I would like to confirm.

Thanks for your help!

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, technically you can trick it to 20, which is useful if you're looking to save them up so you can play while away from your computer/router.

get 10, then go into mii plaza and go to the gate to welcome them (but don't play any games yet), if you hit home button or close the 3ds it'll pick up 10 more (that is to say, it'll gather 10 more at the gate, but you can't welcome them or use them because then you'll loose the first group of 10).

This way you can have 10 to play games with, and when you're done all you need to do is go to the plaza gate and welcome the 10 who are waiting to go through the great/welcome bit. (most ppl here find you'll only get 6 and then will need to change MAC to grab 2 to 4 more mii, so to get a full 20 you have to hit 2 MAC addresses, welcome the first group of 10, then hit 2 more MAC's.

FYI - great play tip

IF you're playing at home, a great trick is to gather up 10, welcome them at the gate (this way they follow you around in the area where you can see/select the games) and then change your routers cloned-mac and start your 3ds into one of the mii games (and if you're lucky, it'll start picking up more mii while you're in a game).

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
BTW, I was hoping to get some street pass for SMT4 and Soul Hackers because people here only play Pokemons and Monster Hunters and Marios. But it seems even people on home relay don't play it.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you getting these problems simply because people are using MACycler?

It might well be. I have XP and MACycler won't work for me (have to manually change/clone mac in dd-wrt).

I mean if there's like 10 or 20 people constantly using an auto-switcher like MACcycler and they weren't paying attention to settings or something, ya, I could certainly see why the whole "color-shirt mac's" area is getting spammed by multiple repeats of wrong-shirt.

Add in the fact that so few people actually try to use the color-shirt mac's, and I could then see why it would only take 6 or 7 i.do.it's to ruin a perfectly good system for everyone else. (and that's just the i.do.it's that end up making the rest of us wonder why they have to put "caution - coffee is very hot" on coffee-cups at fast-food places. Nevermind the ppl who are (rhymes with "class-mole")

-- MACcycler update idea --

Perhaps MACycler should have a MANDITORY check-box or drop-box where you have to select what color shirt your mii is wearing IF you select it to its "hit all possible mac's" setting ... and then it would select to hit ONLY the correct color-shirt MAC's rather than all of them.

(my reasoning)

... lets see 4E:53:50:4F:43:00 through 4E:53:50:4F:43:0F are all red-shirt's, so that means ends of...
... 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 0a, 0b, 0c, 0d, 0e, 0f ...
... which is 16 mac's ...
... and there's 12 colors...
... meaning that the "specific color shirt" section is 192 mac addresses.

so for example, red-shirt is clicked... which means these peeps are hitting all 192 mac addresses when really if they have a red-shirt they should only hit the 16 red-shirt mac's and skip the other 176 non-red mac addresses.

Wow. 176 bad-uploads per full cycle of all addresses (be they done sequentially or random).
Even if set at 2 minutes per mac, that's like a 3-hour time-reduction if you've set MACycle to hit everything.

P.S.

I'm the guy who coined the phrase "class-mole'ier-than-thou", which is a combination of (sound's like "class-mole") and "holier-than-thou" (holy'er-than-you). Its a phrase I invented to describe my old man's attitude sometimes when he's had a few too many to drink.

I first posted the term some ten years ago, but it never caught on (though I do see it maybe once or twice a year to describe someone.)

So feel free to pick up the term. Spread it around. Use it to describe someone if you think its fitting. (lets face it, just about everyone probably knows at least one person who this phrase would describe).

Lets make 2014 the year the Oxford Dictionary added it as the latest web-phrase-craze to need an official entry.

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Well I am just guessing, I don't even know if the auto mac changers really include the color specific MACs in their list.

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-- 3ds SYSTEM UPDATE NEWS --

Just got a notice that a system update is available for the 3ds.

This update takes the 3ds from system 7.1.0-13U to 7.1.0-15U.

The nintendo site states this is just some system tweaking and minor bug-fixes to improve system stability.

I can confirm that my homepass still works after installing the update.

I don't know how big the update is size-wise, but it must have been a REALLY TINY DOWNLOAD because once I clicked the agree button it only took like a half-second before the 3ds gave me the "update complete, system will now restart" type message.

I'll repost this in the main thread too.

MrFiggs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
-- 3ds SYSTEM UPDATE NEWS --

Just got a notice that a system update is available for the 3ds.

This update takes the 3ds from system 7.1.0-13U to 7.1.0-15U.

The nintendo site states this is just some system tweaking and minor bug-fixes to improve system stability.

I can confirm that my homepass still works after installing the update.

I don't know how big the update is size-wise, but it must have been a REALLY TINY DOWNLOAD because once I clicked the agree button it only took like a half-second before the 3ds gave me the "update complete, system will now restart" type message.

I'll repost this in the main thread too.

Thanks! I got the update message yesterday and I skipped it believing this could affect homepass. I'll update it now!

yamfun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have got so much frustrations dealing with the BSOD from the usb wifi.
Is it safe to just pick a router for street passing, as long as the model is listed here,
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
With supported = yes and activation = no?

Also, any router can support this right?
Internet
  - WiFi Router A
    - Computer 1
    - Phone 1
    - WiFi Router B
      - Computer 2
      - Phone 2
      - 3DS

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have got so much frustrations dealing with the BSOD from the usb wifi.
Is it safe to just pick a router for street passing, as long as the model is listed here,
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database
With supported = yes and activation = no?

Also, any router can support this right?
Internet
  - WiFi Router A
    - Computer 1
    - Phone 1
    - WiFi Router B
      - Computer 2
      - Phone 2
      - 3DS

Yup. That's practically my setup, except :

Internet
  - WiFi Router A (ssid BELL###)
    - Desktop (dad's) Computer 1
    - Desktop (mine) Computer 2
- laptop (dad's) computer
    - my d-link 615 vers c1 WiFi Router (ssid attwifi)
      - my notebook
      - 3DS

I can wifi my notebook to either router, but to do the dd-wrt commands I have to ethernet/lan-cable my notebook to the d-link 615.

Supposedly I should be able to wifi from my notebook to the d-link 615 to do the dd-wrt clone-mac commands, but my notebook doesn't do wifi-n, only the older b/g, so I immediately loose like 2/3rd's of the speed.
Plus I'm lazy.
Plus I'm somewhat disabled (only 36 yet bad arthritis in right hip and BOTH knees, plus bad lower back due to birth defect).

Plus I'm in a small 1-floor house, so to go through all the learning and setup just to add some 20-ft of wifi to move the notebook to the living room to do the manual-entry mac-clone commands from there (instead of my bedroom) ... well, its just a waste of time and effort ... especially since I have a nice 50-ft cable I could use (last place me and my parents lived was one of those 6-floor, 1-room/floor type, townhouses.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone made a script for me. I'll be a good community member and share the love =3

Code:
read last_mac_index < last_mac
new_mac_index=$((last_mac_index+1))
if [ ${new_mac_index} == 144 ]; then
        new_mac_index=1
fi
echo $new_mac_index > 'last_mac'
MAC=$(sed -n ${new_mac_index}p < mac_addresses.txt)
WLINT=$(nvram get wl0_ifname)
ifconfig $WLINT down
ifconfig $WLINT hw ether $MAC
ifconfig $WLINT up
echo Changing MAC address for $WLINT to $MAC

With this mac adress list:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48696981/mac_adresses.txt

Some explanation:
Script was coded for ddwrt router. Works perfectly. Possible to be linked to a cron task, but i use a macro program to execute it because cron was not working correctly. The script just changes between de mac adresses indexed from 1 to 143, then resets.

Have fun, got 80 streetpasses while watching a movie.

looks like i didn't understand how to use it...
it's not just a simple copy past in command windows from ddwrt like with duke_srg script right

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
looks like i didn't understand how to use it...
it's not just a simple copy past in command windows from ddwrt like with duke_srg script right

1. I opened my router in putty
2.went to the jffs directory (cd /jffs)
3. typed: vi change_mac.sh
4. Copy the script
press esc and typ: :wq

5. For the mac list: vi mac_addresses.txt
6. Copy the mac adress list
press esc and typ: :wq

7. Run the script with: ./change_mac.sh

ps. the mac adress list was too long so i had to copy it in 2 parts (was capped at 126, but there are 143 lines). Oh and if you want to see the script again, the command is "cat". To copy the script press I when you've entered vi mode.

lyricaldanichan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I got the update message yesterday and I skipped it believing this could affect homepass. I'll update it now!

edit.. of all things I had a bad ethernet cable which is why after that update the relay was not working.. oh boy -_-;

Jarathaxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else been having trouble with homepassing in the last few days? Seems like since the recent update I haven't been able to get a single hit, no matter what Mac address I clone to. I haven't changed anything else on the wifi repeater I've been using all along, and it still shows up under my connections tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i guess not...