Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys, I missed a lot here as I've only just started with this homepass deal.
Now, can someone help out here.

I'm not getting any luck with the following setups,

My Win 8.1 tablet with an ethernet adapter, running the ethernet cable into the adapter, disconnecting from tnothing.he local wifi router I use and starting a hosted network with netsh called NZ@McD1 and whatever password I choose. Then I set that connection up as one of the three in the 3ds and try MacCycle v5 with a 1-2 minute cooldown period.

Nothing. Wait ages, still nothing.

Same setup but instead of setting my own hosted network I use nzone.exe. (Either with nzone start base16 or base256)
I check my network setup and it adds 3dsconnection (w/e it's called).

Nothing, nothing happens. My 3ds (FW9.4 emunand) connects no streetpasses though, then disconnects, reconnects nothing and rinse and repeat. I've done netsh wlan show hostednetwork but after some time I see no evidence of the MAC even changing (BSSID).

So so so so stuck.

Also I've tried the Android method with no luck (rooted y300 ascend + busybox).

This is driving me insane, it was mentioned that nzone.exe uses the same instructions for setup as the script but I can't find any instructions in this thread. Please, end my nightmare.

btw, I'm using the latest nzone.exe from the no-ip/install/

mwoody

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

First up, thanks tremendously for the guide at the beginning; it linked me to SpillPassPi, and I've used it to successfully set up a Raspberry Pi as a working NintendoZone hotspot. My problem, though, stems from trying to lock it down, as I really don't want an open door to my LAN. I haven't found an effective way to segment that network using the 2wire gateway ATT forces on me. A few questions, then, if someone has a moment:

1) The SpillPassPi guide indicates that it's possible to get Streetpasses if you lock down the network behind WPA. I've done that, then successfully added that as a network on the GBA, and confirmed it gets access. However, it generates no Streetpasses. Is this information incorrect or out of date? Is it required that the hotspot be open?

2) The first post of this thread indicates that the SSID must be attwifi, though the SpillPassPi indicates that it can also be NZ@McD1, and that the latter works better as it lets you use the NintendoZone application. Which is correct?

3) I've attempted to configure MAC address filtering on the Pi, but despite adding these lines to the script:

macaddr_acl=1
accept_mac_file=/etc/hostapd/mac_filterlist

...and then creating /etc/hostapd/mac_filterlist containing only the MAC address of my 3ds, it doesn't work. All devices can connect. I know this is a tall order, but has anyone bumped up against this specific limitation? I'm using a Medialink 150N, if that helps (I've seen some indications that certain network drivers don't let you do MAC filtering).

Failing all that, I may have to build a Faraday cage with tin foil for the hotspot and my 3DS, but that seems silly and will look ugly.

Thanks in advance both for any help you all can provide, and again for the help this thread has already provided.

RazorRamen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
duke_srg

root@DD-WRT:~# cat /proc/version; cat /proc/cpuinfo
Linux version 3.10.57-rc1 (bluebat@opensuse) (gcc version 4.9.1 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.9-2014.06 r41266) ) #269 SMP Wed Oct 8 23:14:18 CEST 2014
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 1987.37
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0

model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 1993.93
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : Northstar Prototype
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000

AngelOfDeathEC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
AngelOfDeathEC Please try to run install commands in a telnet/ssh session[/quote]

Ok, tried the telnet and everything is fine,got the nintendozone glowing icon and internet ready. but no streetpass.... :( , 3 hours and nothing, opened nintendozone icon but i says that i need to update my 3ds....what could be my problem? besides my english :lol:

GerGEF

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi there,
So I previously used the nzone guide and it worked for me previous to firmware 9.3
but when I tried the updated version I got this:

nzone.jpg

And the nzone.macs file isn't created, from what I saw in the thread you need to set the region to English (United States)
which I have so I don't know what the problem is, any ideas? :sad:

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
So for nzone.exe to work I need to set my 3ds' region to english united states?

As opposed to Australia?

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
Region set to us, still no go. Nintendo zone app doesn't want to connect either (base256)

If duke_srg could take a look at my first post #4803 and lend a hand I'd be forever grateful.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Oh_Santa I meant I personally checked with Windows 7 so it should work with no problems.

ody81 With 3DS fw 9.3 and above you won't be able to use NZ@McD1 in Windows. The only real option in nzone.exe method or VMware.

mwoody I personally checked hostapd frotm the Debian repository - it ignores those keys. So you have two options: 1. Get hostapd source code and check the mac filter keys or 2. limit internet access to only 3DS spotpass and other sites.

endoverend you can have the connection error just because of too short delay between MAC change. Try it like this:
nzone.exe stop
nzone.exe reload
nzone.exe start BASE16
The nintendo zone hotspot must be started and the delay between MAC change must be about 30 minutes, so you have enough time to check the nintendo zone app access

RazorRamen What is you router model? Those info looks like your DD-WRT is based on OpenWRT which is not a common way.

AngelOfDeathEC If Nintendo Zone app is accessible (update request shows that it is) than you just need to wait to get a streetpass.

GerGEF Please try to run nzone.vbs version. It won't allow you to get a streetpass but at least we will have more detailed error. Assuming you're in Venezuela most probably it is the XSL format error which may be fixed with switching to a en-us default locale.

ody81 No you don't need to change the 3DS location at all, the hostspots seems to be the same for all regions. Well at leas Australia is in european region so keep it as is.

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
duke_srg

Yup I got that, using nzone though I can't find any instructions for it anywhere on this thread.

I get as far as running nzone (always as admin) to get it 5o write the .macs file
Then: nzone start base256 (or 16, not sure of the difference so I've tried both)

But no passes and the nintendo zone app won't connect.
My pc's region is set to us and netsh tells me the mac isn't changing, using macycle it changes but macycle doesn't work anymore.

I'm at a loss.

netsh does show the 3ds connect as client and authenticated though. Seems I can't get nzone to read the .macs file??

Edit: If I delete the .macs file then run nzone start base256 then without stopping run nzone without any params to write a fresh .macs, then my netsh shows my mac has changed to the first on the .macs. Still no passes though, and the nintendo zone app still won't connect.
Not sure how long it takes for the mac to cycle either... I'm so sorry
But you're help is much appreciated.

Edit edit: And my wi-fi is 100% not connected to anything. the last thing I'll try without more info is 'forgetting'any connections it's made just to be extra certain. but it's definetely not connected to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram