Austria

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Good Morning.:)

Please make sure that your SMB shared Folder has both READ/WRITE Permissions.

Did you have followed the Manual ?
https://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=326

Good Luck.
Thank you.😊

It has both permissions. I can make it work on the OPL Daily Build version (I don't know how to run POPStarter in official OPL versions since they don't have the "PS1" tab unlike OPL Daily Builds') but only via USB and I was advised to not use that version but the official OPL one.

According to what I was told, PS1 games don't lag on POPStarter via USB or only do a bit. It seems it's possible to run POPStarter on the latest official OPL Beta versions via USB from the "APPS" tab but I was told a 2.5" external HDD shouldn't be connected to a single PS2 USB port since the PS2 mightn't provide enough energy to power it. An USB flash drive, a self-powered external HDD (a 3.5" one), an USB-powered external one (a 2.5" external HDD) connected to both PS2 USB ports via an USB Y-cable or a 2.5" external HDD connected to the PS2 via a self-powered USB hub could be used but since I want to host all the PS1 and PS2 games in the same device, I want it to be an external HDD (and a 2.5" one, since it's smaller than a 3.5" one and doesn't connect to a socket) because I was told it lasts longer than an USB flash drive, I don't want to waste an extra socket and I don't want to use an USB Y-cable or a self-powered USB hub, I'll play PS1 games on the PS3 even if I get POPStarter running via SMB (and in an official OPL version) since it's also easier for me, it seems the PS3 is more compatible with them than the PS2 and PS1 games don't lag on the PS3 (or at least less than on POPStarter via USB on the PS2).

EDIT: Since I want to use the same 2.5" external HDD I do for running PS2 games via SMB and for that I might need an USB Y-cable or a self-powered USB hub, I'll keep playing PS1 games on the PS3 since it's also easier for me, it seems the PS3 is more compatible with them than the PS2 and PS1 games don't lag on the PS3 (or at least less than on POPStarter via USB on the PS2), so I won't waste more time trying to run POPStarter at all. Also, I only tried running POPStarter on wLE.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

OPPAI_DAISUKI

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi sirs!!! i have a question... is it possible to play PS1 Games(POPSTARTER) via SMB using Mini 3g/4g USB Router?... because i do have this Mini Router and i used this to play PS2 Games and runs fine and good... what could be the setup?... thanks sirs!!!...

Attachments

• MINI ROUTER.png
    MINI ROUTER.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 15

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi sirs!!! i have a question... is it possible to play PS1 Games(POPSTARTER) via SMB using Mini 3g/4g USB Router?... because i do have this Mini Router and i used this to play PS2 Games and runs fine and good... what could be the setup?... thanks sirs!!!...
It would be very possible. But I suggest you run duckstation on the computer your were gonna host your smb instead. SMB is turned off by default on modern windows it's more to setup but possible.

Reactions: OPPAI_DAISUKI

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yes, it is, according to this video.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,
Reactions: OPPAI_DAISUKI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?