How to fix switch Lite Left stick clicking upon rotating?

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've got a problem with my switch lite, and I'm hoping someone knows how I can fix it. When I rotate my left stick clockwise, it makes this clicking noise, like something of a cross between a click and a pop. Kind of metallic like. If I rotate it the other way a few times and then back, the noise lessens a bit. I've never dropped it, and I've never let anyone else handle it, though I have had it for over a year now. The noise is VERY audible, and downright loud at times. If I don't have headphones in, it's very distracting. I know I could just ignore it and play with headphones, but I'd rather fix the problem if possible. Anyone know what might be going on? I don't have the tools to disassemble it, and I'd rather not pay exorbitant amounts of money to have it repaired. Thanks in advance!

Also, apologies if this isn't in the correct place, feel free to move it if needed. Didn't see another post of this nature, but I welcome links to them if they exist.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I had to replace the sticks for 3 times now.
You can clean the stick with isopropyl alcohol (alcohol that doesn't contain water) or an airduster as mentioned above.
I tried opening the internal sticks but the metal clips always break so I end up replacing the stick.
It's relatively easy and only costs a few dollar per joycon.
At least then you can play for the next few years without any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton