Gaming How to fade pictures in a .gif?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to make a .gif file in which the pictures FADE into each other, rather than changing just like that.

It's just a picture changing into another picture, nothing like a crazy .gif or anything. Just 2 pics.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Rydian said:
Does Gimp for Windows support Single Window mode yet?
If so, do you know how I activate it?
The maximize button?

photoshopgimp.jpg

Photoshop can do the whole multi-windows thing too, it's just not positioned oddly by default.
photoshopwindows.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's not single window mode...

And I know Photoshop can do multi-window mode, I choose not to use it because I hate multiwindow mode. It's pretty much what's keeping me from seriously considering using Gimp.
Supposedly Gimp on Linux has had single window mode for a while now... It was supposed to be included with the first version of 2.6, but I guess they decided not to give it to Windows users (yet?).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The difference between those two screenshots is literally maximizing the main window, and dragging the sub-windows around.

I don't know how GIMP used to be, but since I've been using it (for a few months) it's always acted like in the screenshots, just like photoshop (though it starts out non-maximized, I wish it wouldn't do that).

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
The difference between those two screenshots is literally maximizing the main window, and dragging the sub-windows around.

I don't know how GIMP used to be, but since I've been using it (for a few months) it's always acted like in the screenshots, just like photoshop (though it starts out non-maximized, I wish it wouldn't do that).
While you're right about the difference between the two windows you show is minimal, there are some.

Like in Photoshop the windows are contained inside the main window (single window mode). Photoshop also allows the windows to 'cling' to the edges and themselves (magnetic windows) and allows them to be docked to the sides at the 'cost' of workspace area, like this:
photoshop.png

I dunno... maybe I read what single window mode was wrong, but I thought it was going to allow for the windows to at least be contained inside the main window. The 'uncontained' windows really bugs me.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah, Idunno' about the docking as I've never used a recent version of photoshop, but yeah that style of window would be nice. What you see in the screenshots are what my versions of photoshop and GIMP do.

EDIT: Just checked, single-window mode is available (from the Windows menu, not the normal options) in the 2.7.1 unstable version.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/f...9/GIMP%202.7.1/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ