Tutorial  Updated

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

How To Delete A Fake Ticket

Something that can be frustrating about the way licenses (.tik) work for the Wii U is the fact that they're not deleted when deleting a game. Also, many tickets are found in the same .tik file. I remember when I was doing this for the first time, Lucadian Chronicles, the game I was trying to get rid of the fake ticket for, was lumped in with a Sonic game. lol This tutorial will fix this and possibly prevent cbhc bricks from not testing the bought game on cfw.

First, download tik2sd from here:

Code:
https://github.com/FIX94/tik2sd/releases

Next, open the homebrew launcher using your favorite entry point

Run tik2sd. This may take a few moments, so give it some time. Afterwards, you should have a file named: keys.txt, along with your tickets, in the tik2sd folder on the root of your sd card.

Now, lookup the title id for the game you want to delete the fake ticket for. You can obtain this from a title key site which I can't give the name of due to it containing copywritten material on it.

After you find the .tik with the fake ticket for the game you want to remove, check the size. If it's 696 or 848 bytes, there's only one ticket in it, so you can safely delete the .tik from:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

Use ftpiieverywhere to do this. And, make sure it's the ftpiieverwhere for your situation (i.e. coldboot haxchi ftpiieverywhere or normal ftpiieverywhere). Remember the location as well which can be found in the tik2sd folder on the root of your flash drive. :)

If the size is larger, open the ticket in a hex editor such as HxD:

Code:
https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php?product=HxD

Now, you can find which ticket and which .tik file it is based on the keys.txt, so once inside, you'll know if a ticket is at, for example. offset 0 or offset 350, etc. Also, each new ticket file starts with:

Code:
00 01 00 04

This is important if say you have a fake and legit ticket at the same time. tik2sd won't tell you this. Now, either delete the one ticket (in hex) from the .tik file or, if there's more than one, compare the two.

If there's a repeating pattern with one of them over and over again near the beginning (00 01 00 04), that's your fake ticket. It might say "DISEASED ISABELLA" in hex many times. That's what mine said anyway. Delete it.

Now, transfer the .tik to:

Code:
storage_slc/rights/tickets/apps

followed by the folder location you found in tik2sd. Now, test to see if it works by trying to play the game without cfw. This should help people with cbhc or other haxchi errors or even if you were using a fake ticket, but now want to buy the game to use haxchi (can't with a fake ticket or it will fail install). Good luck.

Thanks to Madridi for teaching me how to do this.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your Wii-U. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

Last edited by godreborn,

Cercledenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello I am in this case , can't install dr kawashima again on reseted wii u , error eshop 105-3687
And lost HBL access, I load exploit from wiiuexploit.xyz , the wii u returns :
FSOpenFile failed. File missing /vol/external01/wiiu/payload.elf
What can I do ? Thanks

Last edited by Cercledenden,

Cercledenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you have that file in the correct location?
No , in my SD , in /wiiu/ I just have 2 directories named apps and backups

Ok I found the Tiramisu thread and followed the guide , thanks I see the HBL channel again but I can't get into the autoboot menu when I press B button or Start+ while launching Tiramisu just after the exploit

Last edited by Cercledenden,

Cercledenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes , I don't know why I've never seen the autoboot menu , I follow the tutorial but can't enter autoboot menu :
neither after the web exploit in holding the X button or after lauching health and safety informations

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed around with my Mario Kart 8 setup, with legitimate DLC purchased, in order to play custom courses.
I have since deleted every item from my Wii U that seems obviously related to MK8 (including game/DLC/update data).
After doing that, attempting to redownload the DLC via the eShop fails, claiming that it was already installed from a disk.
It downloads, but fails to install.
Installing via NUSsplii also fails after download.

I have also followed this guide to clear my MK8 tickets (all are backed up to restore if needed) and it has not helped me at all.

EDIT: No idea what exactly made it work, but here is what I did: I restored ALL of my tickets to my backups using FTPiiUEverywhere.
I deleted all update and DLC data for MK8
I then went to the eShop and redownloaded ONLY the Mercedes-Benz pack.
That installed without issue.
Then I went to eShop again, and installed the two DLC packs separately, rather than clicking the combo-pack version.
After all that, I have vanilla MK8 with all DLC working again.

Last edited by Nukatha,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed around with my Mario Kart 8 setup, with legitimate DLC purchased, in order to play custom courses.
I have since deleted every item from my Wii U that seems obviously related to MK8 (including game/DLC/update data).
After doing that, attempting to redownload the DLC via the eShop fails, claiming that it was already installed from a disk.
It downloads, but fails to install.
Installing via NUSsplii also fails after download.

I have also followed this guide to clear my MK8 tickets (all are backed up to restore if needed) and it has not helped me at all.

EDIT: No idea what exactly made it work, but here is what I did: I restored ALL of my tickets to my backups using FTPiiUEverywhere.
I deleted all update and DLC data for MK8
I then went to the eShop and redownloaded ONLY the Mercedes-Benz pack.
That installed without issue.
Then I went to eShop again, and installed the two DLC packs separately, rather than clicking the combo-pack version.
After all that, I have vanilla MK8 with all DLC working again.
if it fails immediately after download, the problem is likely ticket related.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
I recently hit a similar snag with my wiiu, and hilariously enough, same game, mk8.
Checking the update ticket (since I dumped it) and the newly downloaded one. Something jank must be going on when you delete a ticket for a update or anything. (and I mean the full file)
I'm currently trying to investigate if there's some method to fix it. without putting the dumped ticket back in.
Since it is the exact same error code 105-3683 as other users have reported

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently hit a similar snag with my wiiu, and hilariously enough, same game, mk8.
Checking the update ticket (since I dumped it) and the newly downloaded one. Something jank must be going on when you delete a ticket for a update or anything. (and I mean the full file)
I'm currently trying to investigate if there's some method to fix it. without putting the dumped ticket back in.
Since it is the exact same error code 105-3683 as other users have reported
I would not delete the whole file as there may be other tickets in there.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
I would not delete the whole file as there may be other tickets in there.
I'm aware, but other users may do it to get rid of all fake tickets they have, along with legit for a "clean" setup (essentially the nuclear option. Since again, removing tickets for other titles) and then get stuck because they did that, on redownload as we've seen in the thread here due to some hidden jank we don't understand with the system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware, but other users may do it to get rid of all fake tickets they have, along with legit for a "clean" setup (essentially the nuclear option. Since again, removing tickets for other titles) and then get stuck because they did that, on redownload as we've seen in the thread here due to some hidden jank we don't understand with the system.
Did you have an issue with an update ticket?

LumpaDumpa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Helena
Thank you for the tutorial. Worked fine. Though i still have a question. What actually happens if you delete the ticket of a legit bought game? Will this mean i don't "own" the game anymore and would have to buy it again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the tutorial. Worked fine. Though i still have a question. What actually happens if you delete the ticket of a legit bought game? Will this mean i don't "own" the game anymore and would have to buy it again?
That's a good question, but if the wii is any indicator, the stock ticket will no longer download. It actually shows a 404 error on that system, as it can't decrypt the content. I had reinstalled a game using usb helper, since the game was no longer available. I deleted the fake ticket, and it ran fine. with that being said, there's no way to get the ticket anymore afaik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.