How to Create/Edit .tga Files for Haxchi

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Dakota Nix, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Dakota Nix
    OP

Dakota Nix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    i've updated the guide and added your GIF walkthrough, i didn't change the typed version just in case someone preferred or for some reason can't follow your GIFS.

2. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    It's working great for me. Thank you for this tutorial! Now I can launch TCPGecko without launching HBLC!

For the tga images, I used the official tcpgecko meta image, I just had to edit the image to work better for an icon image.

But for the tablet image, I had to make a new image from scratch. Because the original meta image was way to small, and when you upscale an image of that size, it doesn't look right at all. But I tried to keep the original images as best I could.

If you look at the images below, I took them using my phone. As you can see, tcpgecko loads up perfectly fine. And this was the first time I did this.

Also, I got the DS game from USB Helper, but since I already have Haxchi installed with a legit DS game that I bought from the Eshop, installing another Haxchi with a non legit DS game is fine.

Thank you again for this tutorial, I followed it to the letter. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dakota Nix and DonnieV like this.
  3. SlothWiiPlaza

SlothWiiPlaza GBAtemp Regular

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    C:/Users/Sloth/
    Does anyone know when replacing the Boot Images (not Icon) of VS DC Game it corrupts and say i need to delete it and re-install? The Icon just works fine..