How To Copy 16GB NSP To SD Card

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude update your DBI. It's super old! That might cause your troubles.
https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi/releases

Also do you try to install to SD or to NAND?

i'm doing install to sd
Post automatically merged:

Updated sig patches....
updated to most recent version of dbi and same result. Just the grey square with spinning circle in it/.

i'll try an xci instead....can i use dbi to install a .rar file or must i extract it first then use dbi?

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm doing install to sd

Updated sig patches....
updated to most recent version of dbi and same result. Just the grey square with spinning circle in it/.

i'll try an xci instead....can i use dbi to install a .rar file or must i extract it first then use dbi?
you must extract the rar first.

Reactions: Hayato213

namikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend if you're using dbi use the "install titles from dbibackend" and if you plan on using the dbibackend, don't forget to install libusK 3.1.0 with zadig onto your switch through dbi first for the backend application on your pc to work. it's the fastest method imo that works and installs things correctly.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend if you're using dbi use the "install titles from dbibackend" and if you plan on using the dbibackend, don't forget to install libusK 3.1.0 with zadig onto your switch through dbi first for the backend application on your pc to work. it's the fastest method imo that works and installs things correctly.

ohhh - i've never used that...can you provide a tutorial or link on it?

namikaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohhh - i've never used that...can you provide a tutorial or link on it?
Download dbibackend and then download zadig from here and then when you open dbi on your switch, click on install titles from dbibackend while connected from a usb cable to your pc. then open zadig and then from the menu find libusbK. then click on the arrow next to "Install WCID Driver" and click "Install Driver" and install it. it should take about a minute or two and then you're good to go to install any xci or nsp properly with the dbibackend program.
1693968638662.png

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No need of dbi backend, all you need is mtp responder.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried both an nsp and an xci with the MTP server and same result both times

I'm trying the GUI version of dbi backend now and let's see what happens.

okay using the gui version, I get an error of
ERRORS FOUND DURING FILE TRANSFER INSTALLATION ABORTED

Last edited by MikeTheKnight2016,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use to use dbi backend, I just find it easier just to connect the switch to the computer and just drag and drop the files into MicroSD Install part.

I've tried that with an xci and a nsp and it shows the process completes but it just shows a grey square with a spinning circle in it.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it shows under portable devices
dm.PNG

I also tried to run the tinfoil 16.0 nro self installer but my switch tells me there is corrupted data so it willl not launch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no it shows under portable devices
View attachment 392294

I also tried to run the tinfoil 16.0 nro self installer but my switch tells me there is corrupted data so it willl not launch

Then it mean you don't have the driver for it, you need to plug in the switch while using Zadig to trouble shoot, the picture namikaze show is partially correct as it shown the correct driver but it is missing the device you need to select. You can see if you go into options -> list all devices to see if the Nintendo switch show up

1694010862504.png

Reactions: namikaze

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it mean you don't have the driver for it, you need to plug in the switch while using Zadig to trouble shoot, the picture namikaze show is partially correct as it shown the correct driver but it is missing the device you need to select. You can see if you go into options -> list all devices to see if the Nintendo switch show up

View attachment 392298

do you think that is why my installs keep failing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol