Hacking How to compress iso WBFS loader

supaman2310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi i have an iso of a game which is 4.37 gb ( obviously) and it cam down to 4.06 when scrubbed. my problem is that i have a 4.0 gb usb key drive and i dont know how i can make the iso fit on the usb using wbfs loader. the usb is perfect and i managed to play other games off it. now i have heard talks about the wbfs loader ( i am using 3.0) having the ability compressing the file size of the iso for you so that it can fit on the drive . How can i do this

Thnx alot

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
When you use the USB loader, it does decrease the size but it is still the same as when the disk has been wiiscrubbed.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well use a WBFS manager to install the non-scrubbed .iso into your USB pen (formatted to WBFS), and then use any USB Loader there is no such thing as a WBFS loader (although they load from a WBFS partition
tongue.gif
)

supaman2310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Well use a WBFS manager to install the non-scrubbed .iso into your USB pen (formatted to WBFS), and then use any USB Loader there is no such thing as a WBFS loader (although they load from a WBFS partition tongue.gif )"

i did just that but it wont work because the iso is larger than the pen drive.. the game is okami ny the way (pal) and wen i do what you told me when i was in the middle of adding the game on to the drive the whole bar was red (the bar that tells you how much space the file occupoes no the loading bar ) ... please helppp

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
If it is larger than the pen drive, there is nothing you can do. Either forget about playing that game or get a larger drive, probably a hard drive.

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
It does compress files. Some games are nearly full sized when it is scrubbed such as Starwars: The Force Unleased. It only has 27 megabytes or garbage data while Hamster Heroes is only 150 megabytes when compressed.

supaman2310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks ... do you suggest that i burn it on a dvd-r cd if i can get one and at what speed do you suggest burning okami pal ?? thanks

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
Burn it on a DVD-R, not a CD, and use a good quality disk like Verbatim or Sony. If you are going to burn it, do it about 6x.

supaman2310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol i always tried verbatim for my wii none of the game i backup even load ... well 27th times the charm i'll give it a try and see how it goes

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well this guy only need to trow 0,06 GB away. The solution is to remove the update partition before you scrub it.

supaman2310

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey thanks supermod chips , okami works perfectly at burned 6x , now since i have been through spindles of trial and error and this being the first one to actually work, should i go about burning all games at 6x or is the speed relevent to certain games ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol