How To App2USB from Extended Storage to External ?

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Hey guys, years ago i was using "App2USB" to move pkg from Internal Drive (PS4) to external Drive (Seagate). few days ago internal is Full, so i decide to use an Extended Storage PS4 Drive. My question now is it possible to use App2USB but this time not from Internal Drive To External. But from Extended Storage Drive to External (Toshiba) ? because i tried but for some reason it didn't transfert anything from "Extended Storage". is "APP2USB" work only for Internal Drive but not from Extended Storage ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, years ago i was using "App2USB" to move pkg from Internal Drive (PS4) to external Drive (Seagate). few days ago internal is Full, so i decide to use an Extended Storage PS4 Drive. My question now is it possible to use App2USB but this time not from Internal Drive To External. But from Extended Storage Drive to External (Toshiba) ? because i tried but for some reason it didn't transfert anything from "Extended Storage". is "APP2USB" work only for Internal Drive but not from Extended Storage ?
Afaik, it works only from internal to external

Reactions: alexkapor2017

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Thanks for Confirmation. is their possiblity to view what inside Extended Storage in pc ? i said that because i installed all pkg in Extended Storage, but it's not like External Hard drive, you can check and backup PKG. but what about Extended Storage ? how can i do that ? because once you plug in computer it doesn't show anything and it ask to format the drive. mistake i did i though i can App2USB from Extended Storage to External drive. which i removed all original PKG from computer after i install them inside Extended Storage, and size of Extended Storage is low (if i know i can't App2USB from Extended Storage to extern hdd, i will buy 8TB Extended Storage). (Sorry for my bad english)

Or if there is a way to clone or transfert all data (installed pkg) located inside the curernt Extended Storage (2TB) to another Extended Storage (8TB) so i will keep using the (8TB) instead of (2TB) ?

Last edited by alexkapor2017,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for Confirmation. is their possiblity to view what inside Extended Storage in pc ? i said that because i installed all pkg in Extended Storage, but it's not like External Hard drive, you can check and backup PKG. but what about Extended Storage ? how can i do that ? because once you plug in computer it doesn't show anything and it ask to format the drive. mistake i did i though i can App2USB from Extended Storage to External drive. which i removed all original PKG from computer after i install them inside Extended Storage, and size of Extended Storage is low (if i know i can't App2USB from Extended Storage to extern hdd, i will buy 8TB Extended Storage). (Sorry for my bad english)

Or if there is a way to clone all data located inside Extended Storage (2TB) to another Extended Storage (8TB) so i will keep using the (8TB) instead of (2TB) ?
yes, extended storage is under /mnt/ext0 .

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@godreborn: thx alot for answer, sorry i don't have knowledge regarding this. just quick questions. when you said i can access to Extended Storage. you actually mean i need to let it connected to PS4, then use FTP from Computer to backup files which exactly located "/mnt/ext0/user/app" ?

If yes. is their any others solution to clone or transfert games from the current Extended Storage (2TB) to new one (8TB) without doing FTP thing above ? because if am not wrong, will take long time to download/backup whole 2TB to computer then install them one by one again in the new 8TB extended storage ? I hope you can explain to me

I was thinking about an idea but not sure if it's gonna work or it will break even current extended storage (2TB), is it possible to plug in first the new 8TB and format it via PS4 to be Extended Storage. then plugin the old one (2TB). just wonder here what supposed FTP show for new 8TB ? is it ext0 too or ext1 ? if "ext1" can i just move all files (media_event_listener & system_data & user) located inside "/mnt/ext0" to "/mnt/ext1". then remove the original/first "/mnt/ext0" and rename "/mnt/ext1" to "/mnt/ext0" then remove the old Extended Storage (2TB) from PS4 ? is this gonna work this way or am wrong ? or there is easy way

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
You have to move games into internal to move to extended and vice versa. You can't move from APPUSB to Extended format directly.

Thanks man, already answer above. just have questions how to clone or move or transfert games/pkg from Extended Storage (2TB) to (8TB) as i explained above easily and faster ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you need it connected to the ps4. unfortunately, as you probably know based on your question, both ps4 and 5 only allow one extended storage at a time, but you can unplug and replug them in I believe, just can't have all at the same time.

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Moving it to internal is your best method, since extended only work with the PS4.

Thx fo reply, Unfortunately you can't move from Extended Storage to internal if Internal has 1000 pkg installed (Max for internal 1k pkg even if you still have free space (99% of them APP2USB to some others external HDD). not sure if you know that but each PS4 has limite of 1k installed apps, you can't bypass it. the only to be able to install over 1k apps, is to use extended storage which give you another 1K apps, which total 2000 apps.

yes, you need it connected to the ps4. unfortunately, as you probably know based on your question, both ps4 and 5 only allow one extended storage at a time, but you can unplug and replug them in I believe, just can't have all at the same time.
Thx. yes i undertsnad that PS4 can only use one extended Storage. just wonder if i can move data of the 2TB extended Storage To 8TB extended Storage. so i can keep using only 8TB. the FTP way required to download all PKG located "/mnt/ext0/user/app" and "/mnt/ext0/user/patch <= Updates", to computer, then copy them to any USB or whatever to install them again. i wonder if there is a way to move them to the new 8TB with easy and fast way.

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx fo reply, Unfortunately you can't move from Extended Storage to internal if Internal has 1000 pkg installed (Max for internal 1k pkg even if you still have free space (99% of them APP2USB to some others external HDD).

Thx. yes i undertsnad that PS4 can only use one extended Storage. just wonder if i can move data of the 2TB extended Storage To 8TB extended Storage. so i can keep using only 8TB. the FTP way required to download all PKG located "/mnt/ext0/user/app" and "/mnt/ext0/user/patch <= Updates", to computer, then copy them to any USB or whatever to install them again. i wonder if there is a way to move them new 8TB with easy and fast way.

Well you going have to clear some pkg then, to allow you to move them.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx fo reply, Unfortunately you can't move from Extended Storage to internal if Internal has 1000 pkg installed (Max for internal 1k pkg even if you still have free space (99% of them APP2USB to some others external HDD). not sure if you know that but each PS4 has limite of 1k installed apps, you can't bypass it. the only to be able to install over 1k apps, is to use extended storage which give you another 1K apps, which total 2000 apps.

Thx. yes i undertsnad that PS4 can only use one extended Storage. just wonder if i can move data of the 2TB extended Storage To 8TB extended Storage. so i can keep using only 8TB. the FTP way required to download all PKG located "/mnt/ext0/user/app" and "/mnt/ext0/user/patch <= Updates", to computer, then copy them to any USB or whatever to install them again. i wonder if there is a way to move them to the new 8TB with easy and fast way.
Moving them from one extended to another, I'm not sure. I've never tried it out.

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@godreborn: thx man for reply, unfortunately doesn't work, i can't transfert games installed in extended storage to another extended storage. the only solution i see now is, to download all apps/update/dlcs located inside ""/mnt/ext0/" using FTP "FileZilla" to computer or another external hard drive, after download is complete for almost 1.5TB of pkgs. then i have to reinstall all those apps again to new Extended Hard drive (8TB), just i have quick question. is their a way after i download/backup all those PKGs to remove all installed apps inside currrent extended hard drive (2TB) same time like select all of them instantly or i have to do that manually because in games it show all games including the ones in internal but in my situation i want just o remove installed games in extended storage (2tb) after ofc backup to computer ? second question as i see now all backup files are like "folder => CUSAXXXX (XXXX is related to each games) but inside thoses folders there is PKG with same name in all those different CUSAXXX folder, all have "ac.pkg" ofc different size for each game just same title for file. is their a way to rename all those pkg randomly because once download is fiinish i can't move all those ac.pkg in same place because they have same name, if am not wrong, computer will ask to replace because of same nam, any tool or script to bulk random rename them ? CUSA4566->ac.pkg. for ex, so i can put all pkg inside external hard "J:/" drive to insstall them

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess format the extended storage, but then you'll have to reinstall everything. ac pkg is dlc I believe as they have app.pkg and patch.pkg. you can rename them, because reinstalling will change the name. They're exactly the same as when you originally installed the pkg. They will not work the way you're wanting. I think what you're trying to do is overly convoluted. You may have to redownload and install everything from that extended storage. What I suggest is leaving everything on there, then using the larger drive for ne games; original for old. I think this works, but you'll likely have to rebuild the database with itemzflow. I heard apollo can do this too. Normal rebuild of database, which is likely what it will do when swapping drives, won't show anything but legit packages. It's very confusing.

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
@godreborn: thx alot for your time to reply. your right i just notice games => app.pkg, updates => patch.pkg, dlc => ac.pkg

what i will try in next few days after i receive new 8TB and ofc after i download all pkg above to computer. i will build a script to randomly rename all those pkg so each pkg has different name than other one, because if i want to do this manually it's almost hard to do that for +300 pkg (without counting numbers of update/dlcs). then i will check if it's possible to format the current extended drive (2tb) inside Settings options in PS4 which will result of removing all apps installed inside extended drive (2tb). then remove 2TB and plug in new 8TB. then install all the download pkg again into new 8TB. correct me if am wrong in any steps and if you have any idea of tool or script to rendomly rename all ".pkg" files automaticly will be great

Reactions: godreborn

alexkapor2017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Sorry for late answer, because i just receive WD 8TB today. i can confirme everything works fine (only one small problem), steps i did like i explain above, backup/download all installed games/pkg in extended storage (2TB) to my computer ofc using FTP (be sure to enable FTP in goldhen) and be sure to limite downloading just one file, mean don't download twice at same time, you will notice that downloading will be corrupted and canceled) so go to settings and change it from whatever you have there "Settings -> Transfers -> Maximum Simulatenous transfert (1)) . btw all games/dlcs/updates has same name "app.pkg" just each game has different folder name CUSAXXXX (XXXX= each game has number) (ac.pkg=DLCs / app.pkg=GAMES /patch.pkg =UPDATS). the first problem i face is i can't copy & past all app.pkg to same place in another external, because they have same name even if they are different game, if it was 10 or 20 games you can do it manually, but problem here is +200 it will be hard to rename each one. so solution is this: i use this script which i made it using python (attach files). to random rename all app.pkg located inside a folder in my computer to random names like "app141456.pkg""app65364x.pkg" they have different name. same step for "ac.pkg/dlcs" and same steps for "patch.pkg/updates". to use it for dlcs, just edit the script in rar file ".py" with notepad or any software. then in the line "
=> if filename.lower() == "app.pkg":
change it to (for dlcs)
=> if filename.lower() == "ac.pkg":
samething for updates
=> if filename.lower() == "app.pkg"

after you finish that just go to that folder and search using window search feature "*.pkg" it will show you all pkg and copy & past them in any external USB/hard drive to install them in ps4. each pkg has different names (no worry because windows will not ask you to overwrite files, because you already renamed them each file has diferrent name)

The problem i face (is not real problem just need time) that after i format old Extended Storage (2TB) through PS4, all apps not working which is normally because extended storage is formated but the problem is the apps didn't disapear from PS4. all icon still showing. so i have to remove each of them manually.

Now i am installing the pkgs without any problem in the new extended storage!

Thannks guys and sorry for my bad english, i tried my best to explain situation and solution hopefully it will help someone in future if he/she got similar problem.

Thx again

Attachments

• BULK RENAME PKG.rar
    535 bytes · Views: 26

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5