Homebrew How to add Cover box art to roms

4fire1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to go about adding box cover art to put in rom collections? I’m using the FCE Ultra GX 3.3.9 Nes emulator and would like to have all my emulators display nice box cover art per game. Is there anyway to do this with relative ease? Ty

skarmachild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And nothing like another great tutorial from a newbie! Excelent! 10/10 would read again!

Dude dont be a cunt go outside get some fresh air, jesus.

As for OP, im not sure. I havent managed to get the newest version working with snapshots even tho the feature seems to be there? There is an old version on A-CERTAIN-WEBSITE you can find thats complete with covers but idk man. Best of luck and just ignore the passive agressiveness above me. Really telling how much they got going on.

Last edited by skarmachild,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just added cover arts for it myself. Just had to put them in the folder "fceugx/screenshots", and have the boxart have the same name as the rom.

Last edited by Zense,
Reactions: 4fire1

4fire1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude dont be a cunt go outside get some fresh air, jesus.

As for OP, im not sure. I havent managed to get the newest version working with snapshots even tho the feature seems to be there? There is an old version on A-CERTAIN-WEBSITE you can find thats complete with covers but idk man. Best of luck and just ignore the passive agressiveness above me. Really telling how much they got going on.
Thanks for your reply and yeah it’s tricky I could be here all day messing with it xd wish it were easier to automate the process since I’ve also got all Japanese and pal exclusives so can’t seem to find a place where they have a complete database of cover art. Not to mention the formatting doesn’t always click and then there’s the size and renaming of each file... surely there must be an easier way. Might just settle for a USA only set as those seem to be easier to track down with covers and everything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just added cover arts for it myself. Just had to put them in the folder "fceugx/screenshots", and have the boxart have the same name as the rom.
Yeah true but I’ve got a complete nes set with all Japanese and pal exclusives and all the different attributes per file name is just a headache to rename each 1000+ files xd

Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.