Homebrew How playable are games on Citra On TV

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm planning to play some 3DS games on PC linked to TV via HDMI. If anyone tried this or even on PC, how playable are 3ds games with that second lower screen not allowing the main screen to be full screen? ?(I know it's possible to only show the main screen yet sometimes one needs the second screen).

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It depends on the game. If the game doesn't rely on the touch screen that much or at all (Pokémon Games, Mario 3D Land) and such, they're perfectly playable

Reactions: HideoKojima

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it'd be cool to have the main screen on TV and the lower screen on a tablet or something else huh? but now that sounds more complicated.. and why the wii U didn't sell i guess.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could use "extend this display" in Windows settings to have the bottom screen display on a monitor and the top screen display on the TV

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it'd be cool to have the main screen on TV and the lower screen on a tablet or something else huh? but now that sounds more complicated.. and why the wii U didn't sell i guess.
It's funny that that's exactly how I played Pokémon Soul Silver on Wii U.

Wii U is perfect for Pokémon, you have the game on TV while the entire menu and options are on the Wii U GamePad.
0gBkMo5.png

ZByjLcO.png

To be honest, I had a more comfortable experience playing on Wii U like this than playing on my Nintendo DS Lite.

The Wii U unfortunately does not have Citra (I think it is not strong enough to support the emulator) but if you have a New 3DS (unfortunately it doesn't work with the Old 3DS yet ) you can play 3DS on it, I just don't know if you can put the top screen on the TV and the bottom screen on the GamePad.

Last edited by Moon164,

HideoKojima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wii U is perfect for Pokémon, you have the game on TV while the entire menu and options are on the Wii U GamePad.
0gBkMo5.png

ZByjLcO.png

To be honest, I had a more comfortable experience than playing on my Nintendo DS Lite.

The Wii U unfortunately does not have Citra (I think it is not strong enough to support the emulator) but if you have a New 3DS (unfortunately it doesn't work with the Old 3DS yet ) you can play 3DS on it, I just don't know if you can put the top screen on the TV and the bottom screen on the GamePad.

That's dope, would have tired it if I still had my Wii U and a 3DS haha.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

0gBkMo5.png

ZByjLcO.png

To be honest, I had a more comfortable experience than playing on my Nintendo DS Lite.

Sadly NTR is a bit too slow to display both screens with good framerate. If you want good framerate on the top screen, the bottom screen is limited to only a few FPS (maybe 25 FPS on top screen and 5 on bottom), you can divide the frames equally between both, but it's not a good experience in my opinion. So usually only the top screen is used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)