Gaming How often do you cheat on DS games?

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only use cheats when the game is hard (Contra IV) or to gain what i missed (FFIV augments) or to speed up the action (Gil&Exp multiplayer so leveling up is faster in FFIV or boat speed multiplyer in Zelda) or minigames (FFIV, Zelda)

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daiyong said:
As a player, my only cheat is the FAMOUS "show me the money" in the FAMOUS Starcraft.
haha, mine has got to be power overwhelming. Not to cheat, but when I play a game with 7 other cpus, i let the map get so cramped and allow so many fights to go on that the game cant run anymore ['unit maximum reached'] and then type it in again to start an all out war

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sleight said:
Depends on the gamedifficulty..
if it's easy:no cheating
if it whacks da hell outta meh : INVINCIBLE MODE FTW!!!

What games whack the hell outta yah?

Edragon

Trophies
XP
Country
i rarelycheat.. game will get boring if i cheat.
for exp: i cheat to get some legendary pok with whatever stat i like. but i never fell like to play it again. :S

Daihatsuboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only cheat when I get tired of restarting like in Phoenix Wright. If I'm gonna reset the game to my save point every time I die, I might as well turn on unlimited lives to save time.
laugh.gif

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I had my DS, all I played was Metroid Prime Hunters. That's all I kept it for. I used cheats on Wifi, but not to win, just for fun. I think it's pretty low to cheat only to win, because you aren't good enough. Everyone was always like wtf when I started flying around. I always made sure I tied. I also used cheats in self defense against other hackers. I would play a fair game, and if any hackers would show up using cheats only to win, I would activate all my cheats and go psycho on them. Well, it is actually pretty fun when you have a whole group of hackers to battle against.

*sigh* Good times...

If anyone would like to trade their DS for my PSP so that I can relive these joyous memories, then feel free to head over to my thread at the trading forum.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use cheats pretty rarely, actually. I use them in 2 cases:

1. I've become stuck on a game and absolutely can't get past a section, no mater how hard I try. I usually bang my head against the wall for 2-3 weeks before I break down and use a cheat.

2. I just want to mess around with something that doesn't affect the outcome like giving my character super speed on Animal Crossing or something like that.

I would say in all my years of video gaming (since 1983), I have used some sort of cheat on probably a dozen occasions total.

calebh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never use cheats, with the exception of having an invincibility star on Mario Kart DS Wi-fi. Whenever I encounter a cheater, I press Start, activate the star, and run into the cheater as many times as possible. It is very hilarious. I never use it if there isn't a cheater though.

slaysme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i find myself to be really busy nowadays,(work, child) so i'll use cheats that help relive unnecessary time, ( exp X2, Boat/walk speed, etc..)
I mean, i've been playing video games for 20+ years, I'm pretty sure a few of them went to grinding. I think i'll be okay, the gaming deities should not strike me down. i have a HUGE backlog, 20+ PS3, 6 Ps2, a cfw PSP, DS/Flashcart/3-in-1, And countless emulated games. However, It's rare that i cheat in a manner that affects difficulty , skipping levels( unless i've beaten it already), or extra lives. Online cheating make me furious, wish i could urinate on those who detract from the game in such a manner that it affects others. Oh, and I only use the built in device on my cart. I never use cheats on any other system. (with the exception of the occasional in game cheat-Contra NES, etc..

Smatchmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calebh said:
I never use cheats, with the exception of having an invincibility star on Mario Kart DS Wi-fi. Whenever I encounter a cheater, I press Start, activate the star, and run into the cheater as many times as possible. It is very hilarious. I never use it if there isn't a cheater though.

Hmmm.... not a bad idea.
I might start doing that. I hate Mario Kart cheaters.

I don't use cheats. I used to use 'em regularly and I tried the cheats when I first got a ds flash card but cheating takes most of the fun out of the game (imo, and not counting monopoly), so I avoid it.

Zenkia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always used cheats when I had an ards now since I got an r4 I rarely sure cheats, unless I just want to use cheats for various games

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had to cheat to get past the crab boss in Castlevania: OoE, but that boss was ridiculous so I'm not ashamed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.