how many games have you finished on emulator?

?

• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Leaving aside quibbles over what finished means (I will go with played enough to sate and say I have played) then quite possibly more than I have not -- emulators offer a superior experience in most cases so I would be foolish not to take it should it be an option.

To that end possibly over 1000, definitely not less than 900.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you include R4 carts and cia files, around 2 or 3.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Otherwhise, 0

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dozens upon dozens... The FF5 fan translation in the late 90s had all of my friends scrambling into the emulation scene, so I played that completely with a keyboard. Then I got some really crappy controller that connected to the sound card to take on an FF3j translation that basically just had the items and menus translated through Nesticle. It all seemed like magic at the time and eventually just became a way of life.

Reactions: longernohuman

longernohuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Leaving aside quibbles over what finished means (I will go with played enough to sate and say I have played) then quite possibly more than I have not -- emulators offer a superior experience in most cases so I would be foolish not to take it should it be an option.

To that end possibly over 1000, definitely not less than 900.

finished has an emotional meaning.
but played not! played is like when someone telling you he had dinner with renowned person and you say to him that you had seen that person once when you were walking!

:rofl2:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Too many to count. Unfortunately we've never really kept most of our older systems when I was growing up, whenever we'd get something new they'd either get put away in storage or just abandoned in a box in the garage until we forgot they were there, and if I ever had extra money it'd usually go towards newer stuff than retro things. If I ever wanted to play any older titles or whatever I had to resort to emulation, so the actual number of how many I've finished is easily in the hundreds.

Nowadays, even though I usually have a good amount of extra money on hand, I still go with emulation simply because it ends up being a better, easier, cheaper, and quicker solution than buying up older games I want to play.

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing on emulators ever sense I was little. We never had enough money for a lot of games so that was the best way to experience games like Chrono Trigger and FF6. Wow I don't think I can even count how many I've beaten... I did eventually buy most of those games though. (Chrono Trigger cost me like 110$ xP Ugh lol)

Last edited by VincentBeasley,

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tbh i already lost the count of them, mostly because i had a SNES when little but my parents ended up donating it to a little cousin (that destroyed it, btw) so i had to use emus but now i mostly use Wii VC's

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a few
i can't believe how hard these games are for me now
i can hardly finish the 8 bit games now , even with save states, i can't believe i ever finished them back in the day without save states
castlevania 3 and 1 are still impossible even with sav states , and mega man
also Keith courage i still can't beat the last boss even with sav states ,same for fantasy zone

Last edited by weatMod,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...