Hacking How do you record gameplay directly from the ds?

Alex Arbiter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emulator is too slow and I have too find some way to start my let's play on spirit tracks the reason i want to directly record from my ds is for quality sake so can some one help me

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
he will be all like part way through "oh nose wait a second people i have no clue what im doing, time to get on gamefaqs"

you could ring up nintendo and ask them for the hardware to output ds video, but when you tell them your playing pirated games and uploading vids on youtube they will just hunt you down and sue the shit out of you

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
You can't, now stop trying to be a youtube superstar by making shitty LPs.
rofl2.gif
Holding no punches today ay Law? hahaha

Alex Arbiter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
davess said:
Law said:
all Law can do is think angry, angry thoughts ... shame.

Nice try, troll, but what I'm saying is the truth. It's exactly what this kid is going to go out and do.

No for one I am just sick and tired of shit quality by god the only troll here is you!

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
OKAY! Getting back on subject.
The only ways I know to record video from a DS is either;
1) Screen Capture from a DS Emulator
2) Record from a Tripod positioned in front of your DS.

Well there you go, hope it helps.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Alex Arbiter said:
Law said:
davess said:
Law said:

Nice try, troll, but what I'm saying is the truth. It's exactly what this kid is going to go out and do.

No for one I am just sick and tired of shit quality by god the only troll here is you!

Define "shit quality". Even if the video is good, the LP can still be incredibly shit. Take a look at some of the "gems" that have been posted recently on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=d&...es=20%2C24%2C43

And if you think that video quality is all that matters, I doubt yours will be much different.

Edit: What is it with you Youtuber LPers and having to play a game the day it comes out, anyway? What's with the big rush to be the "first"? Wouldn't you feel better taking your time, knowing you'll be giving the game the respect it deserves? (Rhetorical question, we all know all you want are subscribers)

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Alex Arbiter said:
Law said:
davess said:
Law said:

Define "shit quality". Even if the video is good, the LP can still be incredibly shit. Take a look at some of the "gems" that have been posted recently on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?uploaded=d&...es=20%2C24%2C43

And if you think that video quality is all that matters, I doubt yours will be much different.

Ah, Law is using that wonderful "I can judge even though I can't do" logic that George Carlin was so famous for. As if he were some authority on the matter. No, honestly, do you have any LP vids? No? So cut this out. Or is someone physically forcing you to watch every LP vid on Youtube?

It wasn't charming when George Carlin bitched about what people did, it's not charming when you do it. Take your shit to CAG or Sega-16 if you're going to act that way.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Diosoth said:
Ah, Law is using that wonderful "I can judge even though I can't do" logic that George Carlin was so famous for. As if he were some authority on the matter. No, honestly, do you have any LP vids? No? So cut this out. Or is someone physically forcing you to watch every LP vid on Youtube?

You don't need to be a "Master LPer" to realise the majority of the trash that comes from Youtube is utter garbage, simply watching good LPs is enough to make that decision. I have made LP videos in the past, but then I thought to myself "Wait, this is a terrible idea" and promptly deleted them, despite them (tech wise) being above average for the youtube standard. Then I found Retsuprae, the offical LParchives, then I decided to register an account at SA.

In fact it's not something I "can't do", it's something I won't on sheer principle that I don't want to be grouped together with those people. Anybody can do it, but it's not always a good idea.

Edit: Oh, and there's a difference between doing something and doing it proficiently. Anybody can sit down and record themselves playing a videogame and talking about it for the internet, but few of those people can do it well.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't like that "you can't do it, so you have no right to an opinion" logic. Rather, I agree with the over-used saying, "you don't need to bake a cake to know it tastes good".
I'm not shutting anyone out because everyone has a right to an opinion/freedom of speech/all that crap(especially on the internet), and I kinda laughed at Law's response. But this is a terribly pointless argument.

Also, if you want to make a decent-looking LP, you should just try out an emulator like No$gba if it works well enough. But yeah, you may as well learn the game before actually making one.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

Oh Really?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alato said:
I really don't like that "you can't do it, so you have no right to an opinion" logic. Rather, I agree with the over-used saying, "you don't need to bake a cake to know it tastes good".
I'm not shutting anyone out because everyone has a right to an opinion/freedom of speech/all that crap(especially on the internet), and I kinda laughed at Law's response. But this is a terribly pointless argument.

Also, if you want to make a decent-looking LP, you should just try out an emulator like No$gba if it works well enough. But yeah, you may as well learn the game before actually making one.

Good luck finding any other kinds of arguments on GBAtemp. Especially one's with Law in them

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Oh Really? said:
Alato said:

Good luck finding any other kinds of arguments on GBAtemp. Especially one's with Law in them

Protip: Everything on the Internet is pointless.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you're right.
But I occasionally come across an argument every now and then(actually rather often), and if it's dumb and I'm in any mood to post, then I'll post with the false hope of it actually making a difference. :]

Davess

On the list :D (Thanks Haflore)
Trophies
Website
www.daviddavid.webs.com
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
davess said:
Law said:

what if he's recording it for pleasure

though i understood what you said.

QUOTEProtip: Everything on the Internet is pointless.

ohhh really?

what about the DIYs?

yahoo answers (although some questions are ridiculous)

google!

the billions made every year on the internet!

@Alex Arbiter

Me or Law?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)