How do you like your Bread? (crunchy, soft, fresh baked, ...)

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets see... soft inside, crunchy crust (preferably in roll form). I usually stuff it with berries or other miscellaneous foods.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
german grey bread, pumpernickel and sunflower-seed-bread are my favorites, though i do eat a lot of toast/whitebread just because its cheaper.
i usually like mustard on most bread types with salami, mortadella and ham sausage, no additional butter.
really only like butter on pumpernickel, but only a very very thing coating.
also sour-cherry jam and honey on occasion

D

Deleted User

My favourite savoury would be a naturally fermented sourdough with butter, garlic and salami. For sweets I'll go with french toast made with fruitloaf.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When I was a kid, I remember having sugar bread with sugary black tea for breakfast. I don't recommend it. Nowadays my bread of choice is soft black granary bread and protein bread.

BlueFox gui

SOMEONE
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my childhood until today is just french bread with margarine lol
rarely i have something different

also, i like homemade bread/hamburger :P

20171002_221936.jpg

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I love freshly baked, crusty bread loaf. Steaming hot inside, with butter on it, melting. You are guaranteed to keep me sitting at the table, eating nothing but the bread itself while I wait for the meal service.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can you ask about Bread in an International Forum ?

I have traveled alot !!! only this year alone 4 different countries and except for our German Bread which is sorta famous around the world and some french stuff (not the "french" stuff they sell outside of france) no other country I have visited has good edible bread ...
Even in my beloved Japan bread is just garbage -.-V looking good but tasting like shit.

Usualy when I am outside of Germany you hardly find anything else than Toast ...
No way to find "Graubrot" (grey Bread) or "Schwarzbrot/pumpernickel" (black bread) and often this white bread stuff they have is kind of sweet and so soft that you could push it together to less than half of its original size XD like some kind of sponge.

I was just thinking of translating a reciep for a good German Black bread for the skilled bakers here on the temp to try but most of the recieps that are rated good use "Rübenkraut" and I doubt that you get this stuff outside of Germany oO

But to get back to topic, I like it crunchy and than adding a good Hummus (sadly most ready made stuff from the supermarkets suck bad as they have to much citric accid or vinegar for conservation ...)

@BlueFox gui
That looks more like Cake than bread oO

Last edited by Youkai,

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I like my bread as a big, freshly baked loaf (load sandwich is the best, sliced bread sucks) with a nice thick crust on the outside and fluffy soft on the inside, then I cut through it side ways making two "pockets" above and bellow the soft inside and fill them up with as much tasty stuff I can find, like 5-10 types of meat, cheese, etc.!:D

Also, while I will eat pretty much any kind of bread that fits the above profile, my favorite kind is Ciabatta, that thing is by far the best bread in existence!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea